The Feelings a Letter Brings

Chapter 3- The Feelings a Letter Brings

#POstables thanks for the words of encouragement and support. I hope you like this next chapter. Also God bless my beta Cheryl for proofreading this chapter

After Shane and Oliver's run in at the mailbox grille, back in the DLO everything seem back to a normal working pace. After lunch, Rita and Shane watched Oliver preparing to pick out a letter. But Shane was getting somewhat impatient as she sighed and asked Rita, "Rita how much more work do we have for the day?"

Rita assured Shane by telling her, "Not much I don't think, but Oliver says his most recent letter pick may be very interesting. It may require Norman's field work."

Rita was mesmerized by Norman's dedication in work, being by Oliver's side, just waiting to assist him in the pending letter investigation. Shane smiles at Rita, happy she has someone like Norman in her life. Then she glances at Oliver, seeing him pick a letter, watching him ever so patiently, and waiting for the right time for faith and destiny to take its course. Rita smiles as Shane finds her feeling the same as Rita mesmerized by Oliver. Shane not afraid to say out loud, " Every letter Oliver picks is interesting"

Shane smiles seeing Oliver finally pick out the chosen letter and moving ever so swiftly to a unique showcase of letter openers.

It was the strangest thing, Shane never felt this way as she watched Oliver so intensely that her heart leapt. Oliver spun around like he was dancing on a cloud and carefully opened the letter. Shane was glowing with delight, ready to assist him and impress him as she got her laptop.

Oliver noticing Ms, McIenery's dedication in assisting him with the letter that he had not yet to read, he smiled at her and was about to acknowledge it, until he saw Shane sitting on a wheeled chair. She pushed a littler harder than she should have and the wheeled chair spun Shane out of control. Shane's chair, not spinning her, but rushing her across the the DLO office towards Oliver.

Oliver took it upon himself, once again, to rescue Ms. McIenery from the depths of her out of control spinning chair by stopping the chair. Miraculously, the chair stops, leaving Oliver and Shane face to face, their eyes locked on one another.

Oliver acknowledges "Ms. McIenery, you seem to have gotten me in the habit of rescuing you. Are you alright?

Shane adds "I'm fine and able, Mr. O'Toole, and thank you for making the habit of rescuing me."

"It is my pleasure." Oliver winks and smiles at her as he stands, holds up the letter and out loud announces to Norman and Rita. "Ms. McIenery and I apologize for the brief interruption. I will now read the letter and start our investigation" He looked at Shane, as she was trying to adjust herself, getting ready to assist Oliver. So he informed her,

"Whenever you are ready, Ms. McIenery."

Shane looked at Oliver and smiled. She gave him a thumbs up with the utmost amount of enthusiasm she could handle. "Ready to go, Oliver."

Oliver opened the letter, coughs to clear his throat, and begins to read the following,

Dear Pastor Doug,

You are a man of faith, I didn't expect to fall in love with a Pastor. Yes I love you. You have blessed my life. As I got to know to you through consulting after the passing of my beloved Godmother Ruth, you were there to dry the tears from my eyes. I believe God brought you here to not only serve our church, but to be my husband. The bible teaches us believers should marry believers. I know you are single and pastors like yourself can get married. I have the strongest feeling that you love me, as well. How can I tell? The way you smile at me. I see your brown hazel eyes just sparkle. When we hug during the times of sorrow. Now, If you respond to this letter and tell me you feel the same, I am willing to take as it slow as God wants us to. After all, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

If you don't respond remember this,

"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

I will always love you and admire you from afar until you respond my love. All that matters is that you are loved and happy even though it might not be with me."

Forever patient and kind, Pastor Doug ,

Maddie.

The silence once again filled the room of the DLO, as Norman and Rita glanced at each other nervously turning away from each other, afraid to expose the nature of their feelings. Oliver tucked the letter back into the envelope, he didn't tend to read the whole letter, but for some reason he couldn't stop. Oliver has made no eye contact with Shane because if he would, he would be starring at her for the whole day. So he turned to face his desk, trying to get a hold of himself.

Why? Oliver thought to himself

Why do these letter bring feelings for a person who is not his wife?

Is God purposely speaking through these letters he reads, revealing the true nature of his heart for Ms. McIenery?

Maybe, this is a test of temptation or patience. Maybe if Oliver waits patiently often and resists the temptation long often he will prosper by getting further from Holly and be free to finally move on.

Shane knew this letter would hit Oliver's heart strings hard, since she heard him read the first sentence. Shane was waiting for Oliver to stop reading after that, but he didn't.

She wondered, Why? She thought.

Why, is Oliver still reading this letter?

Maybe he felt compelled to. He need more information about the sender and sendee.

But the way he was reading, with such conviction and love in heart. Maybe another reason he kept reading, was the same reason he continued to reads the letters between Jonathan and Katherine.

We both wanted to know how it would end, no matter how tragic and painful it would be.

Those letters, them in the vault together alone. The hug.

All those memories of the day returned, as if was yesterday. Her and Oliver locked in the vault was the day she realized that, Despite all common sense, I just might have fallen in love with a man of good faith in his heart, and just like Maddie she was willing to wait, until Oliver got the closure he needed.

While Shane waited for Oliver to relieve himself of pain of his past with Holly. Shane decided not just for Oliver, but for herself to put the pocket bible into good use. Shane was developing some interest in learning about God and a God that blessed her, Oliver, Norman and Rita. After all, love never fails.

Next chapter will come next week