Thirty-Five

This is definitely how I see Randy ^^

___

When I open my eyes, I'm in complete darkness. It takes me a moment to readjust my eyes to the pitch black and when I do I expect to see Mak sleeping next to me. But she's not there.

And I'm not in the hotel room. Where am I? My heart starts beating faster against my chest. If I'm not in the hotel room then where am I? Why don't I know where I am? I would have remembered going somewhere else.

I squint and look around the room. I am in a bed, all tucked in. There's a beside table with a lamp and a glass of water next to it. I sit up and reach across the bed to turn on the lamp, but when I turn the switch nothing happens. I try again and hear a meaningless click. I let out a frustrated grunt and slide my feet off the bed.

By this point my eyes have adjusted to the dark. I see a closet door, and dressers on the other side of the room. This just looks like an ordinary girls room. I look down at the hard wood floors beneath my feet. They groan and creek under my weight. They feel dirty against my bare feet. Where are my shoes? Why would I leave without my shoes?

"Harry!?" I shout out, hoping for a quick answer. I hear movement coming from underneath me. I must be upstairs. I move around and drag my hands against the wall to help me steady myself and get around better. I walk towards the dresser, hoping to find something that will tell me why I'm here. My hands brush against something like a thick curtain. I grab ahold of it and pull it back.

I gasp at the sight. Light pours through the cracks between the wooden boards that seal off the window.

"What..." I whisper to myself. I look around and see another window to the right of this one, near the dresser. I run to that one and rip open the curtains to reveal the exact same thing. Windows with boards nailed to the siding.

My head starts spinning and I feel dizzy. There has to be some sort of explanation. This is a prank or something.

"Harry!?" I shriek out louder than before. I turn around and lock eyes with what looks like the bedroom door. I sprint across the long empty floor and grab onto the handle and twist but to my dismay, it's locked. I bang on it several times.

"Hello? Someone!?" I beg for anyone to hear me and come to my rescue. I put my ear to the door and listen for some sign of life but I don't hear anything. I bang on the door again in frustration. I walk back to the windows and grab onto one of the boards and tug on it to see if it was loose. Of course it wasn't.

"What the fuck!" I shout and stomp my foot. I look out of one of the cracks to see that I was indeed on the second floor. It looks like this house is in the middle of nowhere. There are fences and a barn outside as if it once held farm animals. But there's no sign of anything living. I stomp back to the door and bang on it three more times.

"Guys I swear if this is a prank it's not funny anymore okay?! You got me! Haha! Now let me the fuck out!!" I give out a fake and panicked laugh. I've never had a fear of tight spaces but the longer I'm in here, the closer the walls feel, like they move in closer when I'm not looking.

I raise my hand to beat on the door again, when my fist collides with the old wood, the door gives way and I stumble forward and run face first into my 6'3 nightmare. I step back to regain my balance and a hand grips my arm firmly to help me. I look up and see Randy. He has an innocent smile displayed across his face.

"Woah, almost busted your ass there! Better take it easy Evelyn." He chuckles and lets go of my arm. On the inside I'm screaming but nothing is coming out of my mouth. He's here. He's the reason I'm here. God how I wish I could go back a few seconds and think this was all a prank.

"What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost?" He raises his eyebrow. When I don't answer he shrugs.

"You're obviously pretty shaken up. Let's go sit." He grabs my arm again but I pull away as if he had burned me.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I jump back and away from him. He puts his hands out and blows some air out of his mouth.

"Hey now, there's no need to get violent. I'm just trying to help you calm down okay?" He steps in and gives a small smile before turning around and shutting and locking the door with a small golden key. It looked shiny and new. It was attached to a silver chain that was attached to his belt loop. He turns back around and I look back up at his face.

"Why am I here Randy?" My mouth is dry with anxiety. Randy walks towards me and I flinch away, but he doesn't touch me. Instead he walks past me and sits on the bed and looks at me as if asking me to join. He pats the seat next to him. I shake my head immediately.

"No. You can explain yourself from there and I can listen from here." The fact that he had closed and locked the door make my chest ache. He clicks his tongue and shakes his head.

"Evelyn. Sit next to me so we can talk okay? I don't want to hurt you. I've told you before. I've changed." He smiles with his teeth, but it's not friendly. It's an eerie, absent smile that looks plastered onto his face by force. Like something else is holding up the corners of his mouth and he's just dealing with it.

I shake my head once more. If he has really changed like he said then I wouldn't be here. Obviously something in him has snapped. Even when we were married and living together, this is not something I would imagine him doing. This is next level psychotic.

"No. If you've changed for good then you don't need me right there. You don't need me at all!" I cross my arms and stand my ground. If I just stay confident in myself then maybe I can convince him to let me leave. He has to know he doesn't hold any power over me anymore.

He keeps his smile and looks away from me and coughs into the crook of his arm. When he looks back at me his eyebrows are narrowed and his eyes have darkened to black. He slowly stands up from the bed, already towering over me like a shadow of evil. His whole body radiates crazy. It sends a shiver down my spine. He takes a step closer to me and I take a step back. He freezes.

"Evelyn. I will ask you one more time. We can have a civil discussion can't we?" His question sounds more like a threat.

"No we can't Randy. I don't want to be here. Let me go okay?" I ask nicely, giving him a chance to let me go and hoping he will take it. My legs start to shake when he takes another step towards me and I take another step back. I know that I'll be backing into a wall soon. I pray that this game will stop. All I want is to leave and go back to Mak and Harry at that damn hotel room.

"EVELYN!" The sudden change in volume makes me flinch and back into the wall behind me. I feel like a scared rat trying to escape its death from a lingering hawk. I lean my head against the wall and look towards the door, could I escape? Did he lock it all the way? I look back at Randy who has taken a few more steps toward me and make the ultimate decision to run for it. I spring towards the door and as soon as my fingers brush on the knob, two large hands grab harshly onto my hips and toss me backwards onto the bed. I let out a shrill scream that someone could hear from a mile away.

"No!" Is all I have time to yell out before Randy wraps his thick fingers around my throat and the other one in my hair to keep my head down on the bed. His knees are straddling my torso. I gasp for breath but don't get in any oxygen. My legs flail behind him but he's so big that even if I managed to knee him, it wouldn't do any damage. I try to speak but he has constricted my windpipe and his grasp is only getting tighter.

My eyes frantically shoot every which way across the room to find something to help me. Someone to help me. Anything to help me. But my vision goes blurry, and all my other senses become too unreliable within the midst of panic. I look up at Randy, because he's the only thing close enough for me to see. His irises are black with hatred and the whites of his eyes are more red than anything. I feel my mind start to give out on me. Maybe this was his plan. To get me here and kill me. Leave my body to rot. This was his plan for me since the beginning. I was meant to die here.

My hot face feels as if it will split down the middle with all of the blood rushing to my head. The edges of my vision fade to black. The last thing I see is Randy leaning down to my ear.

"I'm the only one who loves you enough to do this for you. Only me Evelyn. And only you."

___

Hmm.