Four

All last night I couldn't stop thinking about Harry and his offer. This still doesn't feel real. When I got home I reached into my back pocket and found a piece of paper with a phone number on it. Harry Styles' phone number.

How does one even process this? I didn't text or call him last night. I need time to figure this out. I've never been the type to just jump into something quickly. I'm always thinking ahead and criticizing every possible outcome until I find the one that fits best. And so far none of this could end up well. Best case scenario? We hook up once and never speak to each other again. Obviously he's done this before but I have never heard of anyone claiming they've slept with Harry Styles. Does he have a sex contract? What if he's not even good. None of this is worth it. I definitely shouldn't call him.

On the other hand, he's so hot and he's Harry Styles. Its probably so rare to be able to sleep with a celebrity. But I wouldn't even be able to brag about it. This is all so confusing. But what's the most confusing is WHY ME. What did I do that attracted him to me?

"Evelyn fucking Bailey! I've been beeping you for minutes. Take your damn food out." Buck yells from the kitchen window, snatching me out of my thoughts. I almost forgot I was even at work.

"Sorry! Sorry." I rush to the window and start putting the plates on my tray.

"One more thing. Boss just called. Apparently we have some VIP guests coming tonight so set a reservation at the table for five okay? It'll be your table." I nod, not even really paying attention to what he's saying. I take the food out to my table and make sure they're all settled. I head to the front desk and grab a reservation sign and put it on the far back table, set for five. The rest of the hour was pretty boring. It was starting to get dark outside and the dinner rush would be taking over the restaurant soon.

Several cars pull into the parking lot. All of them black vans.

Suddenly I hear several women screaming outside and I flinch at the sound. What the hell? I come out from behind the counter and take a peek outside and my jaw nearly drops to the floor. One Direction starts piling out of the first black van and their body guards fight off several teenage girls outside of the restaurant. I back up behind the counter again as one body guard opens the door for the boys and the come crashing in. All five of them come up to the front desk and I feel stuck in place.

"Hey! You're the girl we met yesterday huh? What a coincidence." Niall spits out. He has a smile on his face.

"Uhm. Yeah. I'm guessing you're the reservation for five?" I almost stutter but I don't and I'm proud of myself. They all nod and I point to the table in the back.

"Uhm. That way. I'll be right behind you with menus." They all nod again and start walking. Then I see him, lurking in the back. Harry. We make eye contact and he smirks. I wait for him to follow the boys but he doesn't. Instead he walks over to me. The speed at which he approaches me nearly catches me off guard. He reaches out and grabs my waist, pulling me toward him. I let out a little squeak out of surprise. He leans down and whispers in my ear.

"Why didn't you call me?" He looks down at me, he has to be at least 6 inches taller than I am. I can tell by his face that he's frustrated. No one turns him down. I'm sure girls are constantly falling at his feet. I decide to play a little game. I put a small flirtatious smile on my lips and beckon him to come closer so I can whisper in his ear. He does so.

"You know all those girls out there? Ready to jump on your dick the minute you ask? I'm not like those girls. You actually have to work for me." I lean back and admire the look of shock on his face.

"Now what can I get you to drink?" I smile innocently at him and he gives me a confused but amused look. He gives a small chuckle.

"Water will be just fine for now." He walks off toward his table. I grab menus and follow him and get everyone else's drink orders. Harry makes no effort to hide the fact that he's staring at me. The other boys notice his staring but don't say anything about it. At least not while I'm at the table. I feel like I should be honored or something to be waiting on the table with the one and only One Direction but I'm more annoyed than anything. Did Harry come here just to ask why I didn't call? How did he even know where I worked? I could just be over thinking everything. Maybe they're just hungry.

They won't be here for long though. They're on tour and leaving this little town in a week. I think this all while getting their drinks ready. I carry the heavy tray back to their table and hand out their drinks.

"Are we ready to order guys or do you need another minute?" I look at my ticket book and then look back up at them with a smile.

"Oh trust me we're ready! We're starved after tonight show." Louis speaks up. They all start ordering things like cheeseburgers and other junk food. For some reason I expected them to order big steaks or something. Yet again they're just guys. They've always had a pretty nonchalant vibe about them.

"Alright. I'll take your menus!" I grab for some of the menus and I feel a hand grab my wrist. I look at the hand, already knowing who it is.

"Stop playing this game Evie. If you want me to chase you I will." I make eye contact with him and he winks. I scoff and laugh nervously. I look around the table and all of the guys are obviously taken aback. What is his fucking deal? I'm nobody. No one. He doesn't know one thing about me but he's ready to chase me?

"I guess we'll have to see about that then. Menu?" I ask. There's no way I'm giving myself up to this cocky son of a bitch. He leans back and releases my hand. His face is set like stone. He's in his zone now I can tell. He lets go of my wrist and I grab the rest of the menus.

"Sorry guys.." I smile awkwardly and walk away. They all give apologetic smiles and nods as I walk away. I faintly hear one of the guys whisper to Harry.

"Dude who the hell is she?" I slow down a bit. I want to hear his response.

"The one."