Twenty-two

Harry - at the party

As soon as we opened the doors to the large house, we could smell the weed and booze. I told Evelyn that it was just a few guys having a couple of beers. I knew it was a lie when I said it but I didn't want her to worry. I could handle myself.

Was lying a risky move? Definitely. But I didn't plan on drinking too much anyway.

"Yo Haz! What's up man!" My attention is directed towards a man about my age with shaggy blonde hair and a lip piercing. My lips curl into a smile at the sight of my old friend.

"Andy! Mate it's been too long." We pull each other into a quick bro hug. I could smell the whiskey on his breath.

"Ah tell me about it. But you're here now so let's party!" He shouts and I hear a few shouts from around the room agreeing with him.

I wonder what Evelyn's doing right now?

A drink is shoved into my hand by Andy. I look around for the boys but they're nowhere to be seen. There's no doubt that some of them are already half way to bed with some groupie.

"Cheers mate!" Andy grabs my attention again. I nod and we tap our red solo cups together. I don't think before shooting half of the strong smelling liquid down my throat. The burn felt nice and familiar.

I take a sharp breath to get rid of the momentary sting before swallowing the last half. I would go easy after this one. It's strong and I don't want to go back to Evelyn completely wasted.

"Hey man, you alright? You're kinda spaced." Andy waves his hand in front of my face and I have to gather myself from my thoughts once again. I can already feel the fuzziness of the alcohol begin to take hold in my body.

"Oh yeah." I wave it off. He shrugs.

"Well let me introduce you to some of our new friends yeah?" He suggests, but doesn't allow me enough time to respond before clapping his hand against my back and leading me into a back kitchen area. As the kitchen door closes, the obnoxious music fades slightly. There's around four men all leaning against counters and a few half dressed women either hanging onto them or standing nearby, hoping one of them would pay attention to her.

"Everyone. This is Harry." He interrupts one of them speaking and points to me. I give a small wave and a smirk. They don't look like bad guys, but they're already giving me trouble maker vibes.

"Harry. This is Ronnie," he points to a slightly shorter man with buzz cut hair who gives me a small wave back. "Alex," next, a man with dark, almost black hair and tattoos everywhere. He's definitely the most intimidating of the lot. He gives a small smirk. A lazy attempt to let me know he hears us at least. Doesn't seem like much of a talker. "Ginger," he points to a, well you guessed it, ginger. He had freckles everywhere and a lip piercing. He looks up and smiles at me, revealing an incredibly noticeable gap in between his front teeth. "And last but not least, Theo." He points to the last man, he's taller than the rest and he has a permanent frown on his face.

"You from that band playin here in town?" Theo asks. It's a pretty innocent question.

"Uh, Yeah. One Direction." I lean against the counter across from them, a subtle attempt to get them to think I'm cool with them. For some reason I feel like I'm auditioning for something.

"Okay cool cool. We are Metal Carcass. Paparazzi follow you here?" He asks the second question. I shrug.

"Probably not."

He smiles slightly.

"So no one will see you get shit faced? Perfect. I don't want that rep. 'Man turns boy bands pretty boy bad'" he air quotes the last part. I roll my eyes.

"Please. It's not like I've never been drunk before." A few of them start laughing and my curiosity grows. I'm not sure what the point of being here is.

"You've never been drunk like us pretty boy." Ginger taunts. I cross my arm, determination setting in.

"Wanna bet?" I challenge. There's no way some group of guys are gonna taunt me about drinking. They all give out ooo's, including Andy. He taps my chest in a friendly manner.

"Sounds like a shot off is in order." He raises his eyebrows at me and I can already tell that I'm in for a wild ride.

///

I stumble back after taking my 12th shot of straight vodka. Dizziness has become so adamant in my vision that it almost feels normal. But Theo was looking a bit worse than me. He gets credit for making it this long without falling on his face. I know I feel like I want to.

"mAN I beth you can't take anoder one!" Hey shouts and slurs. I take this opportunity to show everyone that I can be worthy or some shit. Why am I doing this again? Eh.

I shrug my shoulders and don't say anything. I don't have to. I down the next shot without even flinching. There's a small crowd surrounding us, making bets on who would pass out first.

"Your turn." I slide a shot next to him and he reaches to catch it but he misses slightly due to the lack of hand eye coordination.

"Psh." He simply replies before beginning to take a shot, but before he could swallow it all, the last 12 shots spew out of his mouth and nose. I cringe back from the sight and awful smell. Several people boo and I see money being passed around. Smh. Teaches him. I'm Harry fuckin Styles! Pretty boy my ass.

I feel someone grab my arm and raise it above my head but that 13th shot hits me and I double over, feeling overwhelming nausea. I don't vomit but I wish I did. I feel two pairs of hands on my back. It wasn't long before I was escorted out of the cloudy, crowded room and out of the building.

"Hey man you alright?" I hear a voice ask. It sounded far away, like noise from a tv.

"Uhm, Yeah." I begin to stand up but once I do I want to hurl again. It's fuckin Randy.

"Jesus. Get oota her man." I speak, the words don't sound like they make sense but they do in my head.

"Hey I'm just helping. Do you have a ride home? Do you need a ride?" He crouches down to my level so we can see eye to eye.

"Not from you." I stand up and begin to walk, I don't know where, anywhere but here. Whew. Evelyn does not like Randy. I don't remember why though. Oh yeah. Fuck. Nope. Lost it.

"Harry, man, just let me take you home. It's late and you don't need to be out in this state man. Someone will recognize you and then your career is over." I open my mouth to dismiss him once again but then a wave of reality hits. He's right. I can't be walking about California in this state. At least I'm sober enough to know that. I stop in my tracks and sigh. I know I shouldn't accept his ride home because... because... fuck. Uhm. I know who he is. He's Randy. I shouldn't like him because...

"Harry come on. Let's get to my car." I turn around to look at him and he's wearing a smile. He's a friendly dude. I nod my head finally.

"Oooookay. Take me hooome country road. To the plaaaaace!" I begin to sing but he cuts me off.

"Okay okay where are you guys staying?" He asks as he gets me into his car. I tell him the hotel and he smiles and nods before starting the car and taking off.

///

Randy quietly closes the door behind us as we search our way through the dark. I start to walk forward before I stumble over my feet and also over a chair.

"Shit." The words spill out of my mouth. I start reaching in front of me to find a light, Randy close behind in case I fall. My wishes were granted when a light turns on but it wasn't me or Randy who flipped the switch.

It was Evelyn.

Ohhhhhh fuck I remember now.

___

Okay I'm sure some people were wanting to know what he was thinking when they argue, but do not worry! You will find out soon enough.

I hope you're enjoying.

Fave and least fave part of the chapter? Lmk in the comments!

Love ya ❤️