Twenty-Four

I woke up with my head pounding. Memories from the previous night flood into my brain and I groan.

"Yeah me too." I jump up in bed. The voice startling me. I look to my side and see Mak with her little sleep mask on.

"Oh my god you scared the shit out of me." My hand covers my heart, feeling the strong beats from inside my chest. I can see her rolling her eyes, even with the mask on. She slips it off and sits up in bed next to me.

"Last night was... wow. A lot to take it." She lays back and I nod and lean my head on her shoulder. The motions seeming so relaxed and natural.

"Yeah... it doesn't even feel real. Randy is really here in California and he just happened to be at the same party as Harry was. There's no way that was a coincidence. And then he's just in our hotel room? No way." I close my eyes, flashes of last nights events play in my head.

"Yeah. That was wild. I can't help but think he's up to something devious. Especially since his new girl wasn't with him." She shrugs and I lift my head up.

"Yeah... I'm not eager to go back home. But I'm not so sure I wanna stay tonight either. I feel like he's everywhere now. I feel safer here I think, and I was going to go to Harry's last concert here tonight but now I don't know..." I lean my head against the headboard. She places her hand on my thigh, trying to comfort me. I don't want to leave this room until I know the coast is clear. But my plans are immediately ruined when someone barges into our room.

Louis walks in alone, holding his head like he's trying to keep his brain from falling out. Luckily he's alone. A small snippet of our conversation last night squeezes it's way into my brain and I smile. He looks at us awkwardly before giving a small wave.

"Uh. Hey. Just need some clothes." He sways awkwardly and digs into his suitcase. I know he roomed with Harry last night and I know I shouldn't allow myself to check up on him but it's so hard. And it's better than physically seeing him.

"Uh... how's Harry?" I ask shyly. Louis stands up with a few pieces of clothing in hand and looks up at me with a small ounce of pity. Something I didn't need or want. But who's the pity for? Me or Harry?

"Well, he could be better. He feels really bad." He plays with his fingers, a nervous habit.

"Okay..." I don't know what else I could say. He nods and looks over to Mak for a second. Something changes in his stance when they make eye contact. Mak looks away and he seems to break from whatever he was thinking about before walking towards the door. That was fucking weird.

He stops for a moment and turns back to me.

"You should talk to him." Is all he says before the door clicks shut behind him.

"What was that?" I look at Mak, my interrogation face and voice are activated. Her eyes hold some form of shame but she's doing her best to hide it.

"What was what?" She tries to play it off.

"That whole awkward eye contact with Louis? Don't act like I'm dumb." I cross my arms. Waiting for an explanation. Normally she just comes right out and says whatever is on her mind but this time it was different. She peels the covers back and slips out of the bed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She shrugs it off. Maybe I did just imagine it...

"I wanna go back to sleep." I change the subject and lay back down, covering my head with blankets, but they're torn away from me.

"No! You have to get up, get dressed, and we are going out. You don't get to mope all day. Plus I don't wanna be in this room anymore." She grabs my wrists and pulls me up.

"Noooooooooo." I draw out. I know she's right but I'm not in the mood.

"Yep. You have to." She gets behind me and starts pushing me off the bed.

"Fine fine fine!" I yelp out and hop off the bed suddenly, making Mak lose her balance and fall face first off the bed. I snicker.

"That's what you get." I hear her muffled laughter from the floor as I walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water felt great against my tense muscles. I just wish it could wash away the betrayal I feel from last night.

I lather the shampoo in my hands and begin to run it through my scalp when Mak busts through the bathroom door. I jump, startled. She yanks back the curtain and I flinch back.

"What the hell Mak?" I barely finish my sentence.

"It's your mom. There's something wrong with the baby."

___

Okay another rly short chapter. Sorry. I've been so busy with prom and I have my play coming up and I don't have a lot of time.

Anywho, fave and least fave part of the chapter? Lmk!

Love ya ❤️