55

November 28th, 2020

"Hi yes, Allyssa?" I said walking out of the bathroom and back into the living room.

"Yes?" She asked looking up at me.

"I don't mean to alarm you." I said rubbing my stomach. "But it seems that maybe, possibly, that my water broke."

"Are you serious?" She asked, jumping up from the couch. "Like just now."

"Umm yeah." I said scratching my neck. "Actually like sevenish minutes ago, but I had to clean the floor and change before I came back our here."

"Only you would clean up a mess when you're actively in labor."

"I'm sorry I want the house clean when I bring my baby home."

"Why are we just standing here? Shouldn't we be on the way to the hospital?"

"I mean, yeah. Probably." I said, grabbing the bag from beside the couch and walking towards the front door.

"How are you not doubled over in pain or freaking out right now?" Ally asked, walking behind me.

"I really don't know. I'm not trying to question it." I said stopping and turning around to look her. "Can we just go?"

...........

"Did you get in touch with Grayson yet?"

"You asked me that two minutes ago and the answer is still the same." Ally said, putting her phone back up to her ear, calling I don't know who.

"My mom?"

"She's stuck in traffic."

"Can you try calling Ethan?"

"Can you stop asking me questions and let me handle this?"

I sighed and through my head back against the hospital bed. There was a knock on the door and I quickly turned my head, hoping it was either Grayson or my mom.

It was just the nurse, rolling in the vitals cart. I groaned mentally but was still kind of relieved to see him as well.

"Can I just get you to state your full name and date of birth?" The nurse, Kevin, asked picking up my arm and scanning my arm bracelet.

"Haley Charlotte William. May 23rd, 1999." I said, monotone.

"And about how long ago would you say that contractions started?" He asked, wrapping my arm with the blood pressure cup. I turned to look at the clock and squinted at it.

"Like two hours ago. Right after my water broke." He nodded and typed something into the computer.

"And how far apart have they been?"

"Like six minutes." He nodded and typed something else.

"Okay, well everything looks good here. If you don't need anything else, I'll be back to check on you in an hour."

"Actually, ice chips would be nice. But like no rush, finish whatever you have to do first."

He nodded before walking out of the room.

................
It's been an hour and still no mom or Grayson here. Ally did get in touch with the twins though and they are on the way, but there's a giant pile up that has traffic at a stand still and that's where my mom is stuck as well.

There was another knock on the door and I was expecting it to be Kevin, coming back to check in like he said he would.

But it wasn't. It was Caleb and my dad. I smiled softly at both of them before turning back to looking at the Netflix pulled up on my laptop.