36

July 2nd, 2020

I looked at my phone and sighed, not wanting to deal with what I was about to do but it had to be done. I clicked on Instagram and started a live video.

"Hey guys." I said pushing my glasses back up on my nose. "I'm still on vacation so this is going to be short and brief." I sighed again.

"As you all know, recent allegations about my cousin have been made and as much as I hate to air my family's dirty laundry, this needs to be said. Most of what Tati said in her video is true. The rest of it is just an exaggeration of the truth. But yes, my cousin does have a tendency to fall for and try to manipulate straight men and he uses his social status to do so. I'm not trying to deface him in anyway at all but it needs to be said. There were so many times growing up that I would fall for a guy and then suddenly he's with my cousin."

I wiped my eye and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Those of you asking the comments why I didn't just make a YouTube video about the situation. And I just don't feel like this needs to be on YouTube, because my family's drama doesn't need to be monetized. So, here's the deal. I don't feel comfortable around my cousin anymore. He knows that I don't. We had an argument about it after I told him about the baby and I told him that if he ever wanted to see her, he needed to get help. This pains me to say because he was and always will be my first best friend and I have had such a heavy heart these past couple of weeks trying to keep this in but I can't let him hurt anyone else. I hope that sometime in the future, he gets the help that he needs and things can go back to the way they were. Someone said that he is a danger to society, and I don't think he is necessarily a danger to society, but a danger to himself. Umm yeah, I guess that's all I had to say. I still love him very much but my mental health and the safety of my baby are the most important things to me right now and I can't let his toxic behavior around her."

I wiped my eyes again and sighed. "So with that being said, I'm going to go back and enjoy my vacation. I hope all of you are having a great day and I love each and everyone of you. Bye guys."

I turned the Instagram live off and wiped my face one more time before walking into the kitchen of the beach house.

Grayson noticed me walk in and put his fork down, walking over to me and engulfing me in a hug.

"You didn't have to do that." He whispered in my ear.

"Yeah I did. It was eating me alive, I wasn't going to be able to wait until we got back home." I said. I hugged him tighter before letting him go.

"How many pancakes do you want pumpkin?" My mom asked as I sat in the empty chair between Grayson and Emma.

"Two's fine." I said. She nodded and handed me a plate with three pancakes and I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed. "Aren't you a math teacher?"

"Two for you, one for the baby." She said. I opened my mouth to say something but just shook my head and grabbed the syrup, drowning my pancakes in it before Grayson grabbed the bottle out of my hand.

"I think that's enough syrup." He said, laughing. I looked at him and glared, opening my hand up for the bottle.

"I'll say when it's enough, thank you very much." I said, taking it back from him, causing everyone else to laugh.