PROMPT: You and Hermione are fighting. (AU)
…………………………………………………

【THIRD POINT OF VIEW】

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS?!"

Followed by a series of clanks as expensive potteries fell to the ground, decorating the floor with it's shards,

"I'M DOING THIS FOR US! I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!"

The flat screen television fell to the ground after a hand punched it,

" FOR US? FOR ME?! YOU ARE BARELY HOME WITH ME, YOU NEVER SLEEP WITH ME ANYMORE!"

An intricately carved vase flew across the room, hitting the wall and crushing into little pieces.

"IF I DON'T DO THIS WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THE BILLS HUH?! FOR THE FOOD?!"

An expensive looking lamp met the ground with a harsh thud it's light bulb breaking in the process,

"STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO'S PROVIDING FOR US!"

The thrashing stopped but then again continued,

"FUCK YOU! I'M DOING THIS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BURDEN YOU!"

This time the thrashing of things started to mellow down,

"I CAN'T HANDLE THIS SHIT AGAIN, (Y/N)!"

Silence enveloped the room after their shouting. A thick layer of tension filled the air and their heaving chests, throats dry from the ripping of voices. Tears dripped down [Y/N]'s face as she clutched her suitcase. Her tear stained cheek red with anger, all the rage she felt over flowed her body like a waterfall, pouring and raging through for her lover to see, her clenched fists bleeding after her tantrum.

Hermione on the other hand sat on the counter, her home clothes baggy and comfortable but crumpled mostly on the chest area after [Y/N] thrashed the room,  trying to stop her by caging her in her thin arms from the back. Her hair in all places, she looks ridiculous but none of them cared at the moment. Not when their hearts were on the line.

This is the fourth fight they've had in a week and it's taking a toll on them. Hermione being a writer on break is always at home, planning for her novel comeback the upcoming month. And her lover since high school, [Y/N], is an executive of a well off company that needs most of her time and focus.

And lately adding salt to the open wound, the company is releasing a new product and [Y/N] is incharge of this project which involves her to pour more time, focus and effort into her job and  Hermione, she feels neglected, unloved and alone.

Every night she lays in bed with a cold empty space beside her, she waits for hours and hours for [Y/N] to arrive home from work but her drowsiness always dominates her system as she had a good share of staying up late at night brainstorming for her comeback. She often closes her eyes in the hopes of waking up with her beloved in her arms.

Weeks went on and this became a cycle for Hermione and today was the day she finally had it and decided to confront [Y/N] but things didn't turn out well.

"I..I just want you to be with me again like we used to be."

Hermione's voice pathetically cracked in the end, her gaze lowered on the marbled floor. Her bare feet felt the coolness against her skin, chilling her to the bone. The coldness reminded her of their relationship now,

Cold

So cold and it's wearing her out, but maybe there's hope...is there?

"What do you want me to do then? Give up everything?"

The girl standing on the doorway questions, frown present in her face. The bags under her once bright eyes very evident, her cheeks now looking hollow and her hair dull and lifeless just like her. She changed, and so did she. So different from what they once was and now they look at each other as if they were strangers. Almost instantly the woman replied,

"I'm not telling you to give up everything, all I ask is for you is to hold me tight, for you to make me feel like you love me again, to act like you care for me, like I'm worth more than your job and your stupid project!"

Hermione stood up abruptly, making the stool she sat on screech against the grey floor. Her fist slammed on the counter table, but despite  the loud noises none of them flinched, eyes never wavering from each other. A thud can be heard when (Y/n) dropped her suitcase, and she loosened her neck tie.

"Why? Do you make me feel that way? All you do is work. You never gave me time, your attention, none of those! You always leave claiming you're going to some co-workers that are collabing with you but please let's be honest with each other,-"

Hermione gritted her teeth, eyes narrowed at the girl staring her down but filled with blinding rage the hot–headed girl continued on.

"-you were out fucking some girls while I worked until 4 fucking am."

The brown haired woman walked briskly to the standing girl's position, her fists tightly clenched  on her sides. The tension has risen again but this time much thicker, now that they're eye to eye seeing their emotions up close.

"I may have lacked in showing you my affection but never, never say that I would cheat on you because not once did you leave my mind. I love you, end of discussion, so never doubt me!"

She pointed her index finger to [Y/N],  by this time they have reached both of their breaking points. A pang of guilt washed over the [H/C] haired girl but her rage continued to blind her senses. Each of them emotionally exhausted and beat up by work. But despite all the anger, frustrations, confusion and emptiness, the love in their eyes never left. After a few silence of looking into each other, they can't help but let love over come their senses. They can't stand seeing one another like this, not when they've been together for so long.

They both enveloped each other in a hug. Taking in each other's presence. Calming their breaths and their hearts synchronizing.

"I-I just want us to be happy. I just want us to have everything we need and more."

[Y/N] sniffles, her head buried in the crook of Hermione's neck. For the first after long weeks of working and working and stressing out, she finally feels relaxed in her lover's arms. And Hermione feels the same, she hums when she heard what [Y/N] said, barely audible but she heard it.

"I don't care about the materials in the world, money, fame, all of these are temporary happiness. They can be all stolen, ruined, ripped, tarnished, rust...but you, you are a different type of happiness, you are irreplaceable. The happiness that makes me want to wake up every single morning just so I could see your face and tell you how much I love you, the kind of happiness that makes me want to try new things and explore my abilities because you inspire me, the kind of happiness that whatever sadness and problems come my way, they'd be all washed away and forgotten when you kiss me. You are the only happiness I need and you are everything to me and more."

[Y/N] sobbed harder, tears falling freely through her eyes. Staring into Hermione's but it was okay because despite the tears and sweat in her face, she still looked at her like she was a goddess and Hermione a measly peasant.

"I love you, Hermione Granger and I am so sorry if I-"

She was silenced with a kiss on the mouth. Lips upon lips, dancing together. Pulling away they leaned their foreheads together, closing their eyes. Feeling the sensation their hearts brought to them.

"I love you too, [Y/N] Granger."