13: ловушке

Chapter thirteen : ловушке
                                            (trapped)

Lana's POV

The next week was a blur, it was all just snow, walks, and Luca. I had to admit, he was acting particularly strange, but I chose to ignore it. He seemed to be glued to his burner phone, and would flinch when I touched him. He still kissed me and was trying to act normal, but I could see the look in his eyes. 

"Okay seriously? What's wrong?" I ask him the night before we have to leave the cabin. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Luca, we both know you've been acting like a crazy person this past week. What's wrong? Are you scared my Dad will find out about us or something?" 

"Uh yeah, I am, this wasn't the plan Lana. I also ha--" He cuts off halfway through, he seemed to be trying to find the words.

"Spit it out," I urge. 

"No it's nothing, I'm just on edge." 

I decide to leave it at that, I hardly talk to him for the rest of the evening. 

-

"Are you okay?" Luca asks me as he sits up to look at me. We were currently lying in bed, it was about 1am and I could not get to sleep. I was constantly tossing and turning.

"It's just... I haven't exactly told you everything about my Mother's death."

"What happened?" Luca whispers.

"She was... murdered... in this house..." I breathe out shakily.

"I... Oh my God, I didn't know..." Luca looks bewildered, but I was happy he didn't give me pity.

"Yeah, and tomorrows the anniversary of her death so I'm just..." I feel my eyes stinging, don't cry.

Luca says nothing and instead holds me in his arms and we lie back on the bed. I end up falling asleep in his arms.

----

I stand outside of the small cottage with my bag over my shoulder.

"We've gotta go!" Luca says as he climbs into the car.

"Прощай" (Goodbye) I whisper to the house that caused so many nightmares and tears. I was finally letting go.

I clamber into the car after Luca as we drive back towards Moscow.

- 3 hours later -

Standing outside the Bolshoi was so welcoming, it was like a second home. The amount of times I would force my Father to take me to see the flawless ballerinas. It was almost like a dream. I wordlessly go inside, I feel Luca following close behind me.

"Do you see him?" Luca asks, I look around at the large crowd of people waiting to go inside.

"Not yet." We move to stand with our backs against the wall, our eyes searching to find my Fathers.

"Svetlana!" I hear a stern voice behind me, I turn swiftly to see my Father poking his head out of the men's bathroom. I grab Luca's hand and we both run into the toilet. My Father was standing there with two of his bodyguards.

"Why are you here? You should be in Florida!" My Father whisper yells.

"The Japanese mafia is after me Father!" I say back angrily. "They found us in Florida, they were trying to kill me! We got fake passports and went to the cabin," I finish.

My Father looks at me with a bewildered look on his face. "Are you kidding me? The Japanese tried to kill you?" He was now infuriated.

"Luca was with me, it's fine. I'm fine." I tell him. Luca gives a tight smile in reassurance.

"We're going back to the UK, tonight." Father says with determination, we all usher out of the bathroom to the main foyer. 

Suddenly someone grabs me from behind, I let out a muffled screech as I see a small group of Japanese men surround us. Luca stands insanely still as my Fathers bodyguards suddenly fall to the ground. I feel a sharp blade at my throat, this was not good. 

"Hello there Misutā Ivanov! We will not hesitate to kill your daughter if you don't give us what is ours." The man who was holding me said, my Father tenses up as he stares at me. 

"Please.. Don't hurt her.." 

"We won't if you give us whats ours!" Another man next to me said, I glance in his direction, he had cold and calculating eyes, his dark hair sat perfectly on his head in waves. I see him eyeing Luca with a weird glint in his eyes. I realised who he was now, the leader of the Japanese mafia, Reo Amano. 

"You set us on a wild goose chase Luca! I mean, I don't know if we can really pay you much now," Reo exclaims with a smile on his face. 

I freeze at his words, no, it couldn't be. My father wizzes round to face Luca who had a neutral look on his face, he was staring at Reo.

"How dare you! I trusted you! I can't believe I trusted you! You were working for them his whole time Luca? You little--" 

"Yes, yes, we understand you are angry Ruslan, calm down." Reo conceded, I see him gesture Luca to come over to him. I'm at a loss for words, my heart stinging with betrayal and anger. I felt so stupid for letting him in, for kissing him, for telling him about my mother, about myself. 

As Luca gets closer to Reo, Reo pulls him next to him and kisses his cheek. "What's wrong with you? Not going to give your boyfriend a kiss?" 

I think I'm going to be sick, Luca manipulated me and his boyfriend is the leader of the Japanese mafia? Great, that's just great. 

"What are we going to do with them?" Was Luca's reply, Reo had a mischievous look on his face as he glanced at my father and I. 

"We'll figure it out, to the aeroplane!" Reo bellows, and we all make our way over to a limo.  

We drive into a private plane bay where I'm assuming is some of Reo's private jets. The pilot is already there, ready to take off, the stairs open and we're about to get on when a car zooms into the hanger. Around five men in suits step out.

"Привет ребята!" (Hello boys) one man yells, thank god my father has tons of backup and security. The five men all pull out their guns and start firing at the Japanese who were too late to realise what was going on, my father grabs my arm as we sprint into the car. Shots were being fired from all around us, I cringed inwardly at the sound of bullets ripping through the air. One nicked the window of the car and glass flew everywhere. I curled into a small ball on the ground and closed my eyes, willing this nightmare to end. 

-- 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to vote, comment and share! :)