4: картина

Chapter four : картина
                                    (painting) 

Svetlana's (Lana's) POV

I stared at my painting, it was perfect. It actually looked like Luca in some ways, his green eyes, hard jaw, narrow nose. I think this was one of the best portraits I have ever done. I thought back to that morning in the gym, were we really about to kiss? It was just playful flirting, it was harmless, we've only known each other for a little over a week. 

I walk downstairs to get some dinner, it was already 7pm. I look outside to find it raining which dampens my mood even more. 

"Do you want me to make some dinner?" I hear Luca's voice call from behind me. 

"Yes please," I reply without looking at him. I turn around and walk into the living room, finding a random program to watch. I sit there watching a random talk show for what felt like a long time, until Luca comes into the living room with spaghetti and forks. 

"Thanks," I say as he hands me my bowl. He sits next to me on the sofa and begins eating, I do the same. 

"Isn't there anything better on? This talk show is making me loose brain cells." Luca mutters in disgust. 

I pick up the remote and find a movie channel playing an Indiana Jones film. I decide to leave it at that and we eat in silence for a bit. 

"Did you get into the crime business yourself, or was it because of your parents like me?" I ask Luca, I found myself wanting to get to know him. Luca took a while to respond before saying,

"It was my parents, they were both con artists but they died when I was a teenager." 

I look at him in shock, I was not expecting that. "That sucks," I mumble. 

"It's okay." He replies. 

"How did they die?" I knew I was kind of overstepping boundaries, but it couldn't be that bad. Could it? 

"Dio mio," I hear Luca say under his breath. "Something went wrong with a con, it ended in a huge gunfight. My Mother got shot and died in action, my Father killed himself shortly after." 

I could see his eyes glistening at the memory, I couldn't say I was sorry. That would do no good. I reach my hand out to his, entwining my fingers with his. We stay like that for a while,  just sitting in silence for a long time, Luca removes his hand from mine and walks into the kitchen. 

"Okay, since we're both stuck here I wanna play a game." I state, following Luca into the kitchen, ignoring whatever happened a few minutes ago. 

"Like what exactly?" 

"Twenty-one questions"

"Seriously? Are you eleven years old?" Luca counters. 

"Come on! We're living together I need to get to know you." 

"Fine I'll go first, what's the biggest lie you've ever told your parents?" He asks me.

I think about it for a while, "I used to smoke, my Dad found cigarettes in the living room and I lied about it. He blamed it on another guard and he got fired." I reply shrugging, I was fourteen and didn't know any better. 

"Seriously? You used to smoke?" 

"Yeah, I'm not proud of it. Anyway, my turn, how would you describe yourself in three words?" I said as I sit on the tabletop while Luca starts to wash up. 

"Maybe... cautious, sarcastic, and cold." Luca replies, "what about you? How would you describe yourself?" 

"Umm, observant, intelligent-" 

Luca suddenly bursts out laughing and I give him a questioning look before he replies, "intelligent?" 

I give him a hard glare, "yes intelligent! I passed all my exams with flying colours you know." 

"That doesn't mean anything Lana, exams are not accurate ways to measure ones intelligence." Luca says matter-of-factly. 

"Okay okay whatever, I think I'm gonna go do some more painting now." 

"Sure thing, good night," Luca says brushing his hands through his thick hair. 

I stare for a second before turning around and walking out of the kitchen, "good night Luca."

---

Okay I've edited this chapter A LOT so bear with me for the following ones as I'm changing quite a few things. I've noticed a few plot holes and other stuff that's been getting on my nerves that I've just had to change! 

What do you think will happen next? Will Luca and Lana ever get together? 
I've been thinking of a ship name for them actually, Svetluca? Luana? Ivaricci? 

Anyways... make sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!!