14: сумасшедшие машины

14 : сумасшедшие машины
(crazy cars)

Svetlana's (Lana's) POV

I pace the waiting room of London Bridge Hospital, it was nice to finally be back in the UK. After we escaped from the Japanese, we flew to London as quickly as possible, my father had gotten shot in the leg.

I now go to sit down in the waiting room, tapping my heel on the floor. My thoughts were travelling at a hundred kilometres an hour, all I could do was replay what just happened over and over again. All I could think about was Luca, the way he refused to meet my gaze when we found out this was a set up. Did he even care? Did he catch feelings too? Was any of it real?

"The surgery went well and he just went out of recovery, you can see him now." The nurse beckoned, I rush past the nurse and down the hall.

My father is lying in bed his eyes half closed lazily. I tackle him in a hug as he wraps one arm around me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Lana, do not worry it was not that bad."

I nod my head and we sit in silence for a long time.

"You obviously cared for Luca very much." Father states passively as I stay silent. "Were you two involved?"

"What?" I manage to grit out, I did not want to have this conversation with my father of all people.

"Answer my question Lana, did you like him more than a bodyguard? More than a friend?"

I take in a deep breath, "yes."

I look up to see my Father looking at me sadly, "I need to get back to headquarters and finish this thing with the Japanese once and for all. I think you need to take a break, go to the cottage down south for a few days to clear your head."

"Okay," I whisper, moving to leave.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out with Luca, you'll find someone special Lana... Like when I found your mother."

I was too hurt to reply, so I gave my father a weak smile and a nod before leaving the room. I drove back to the house as quickly as possible, packing all my necessities into a duffle bag. I ignored the questions and the pity the people in the house gave me as I was leaving. Hopping into my range rover I drive away from the house, not looking back.

I drove for hours and hours until I reached the coast of Cornwall, in the south of England. We had a small house in the hills, and I got there in the evening.

I didn't even bother to eat dinner, instead I sat in front of the TV, watching a stupid reality show. I must have fallen asleep in the sofa, because when I woke up it was bright outside. I felt my stomach grumbling, and the fridge was empty. So I forced myself to get up and go shopping. I drive to a nearby town and go to the supermarket, grabbing random things off the shelves.

I hold my two shopping bags and walk out into the he car park, I felt so drained and depressed... What was I even doing here? How was this helping anyone? I should be with my father, I should be helping come up with an appropriate plan to end this gang war with the Japanese!

I throw my bags into the back of my car, as I turn on the engine a wave of nerves falls over me. I shake it off, it was probably because I hadn't eaten yet. I set off driving out of the town and up to my house, maneuvering through the twists and turns of the road.

This next part, I don't know how it happened. My speed increased to 90 miles an our, even though I wasn't stepping down on the accelerator. The brakes weren't working, my heartbeat went faster, my hands got all clammy. Before I knew it, I completely blacked out.

--

Ooh anyone have any predictions for the next chapter?

Make sure to vote, comment and follow me! Xx

Update: I don't really know where to go next with this story and I'm very busy at school- so for the moment this book is discontinued- if you have any ideas as to where to go with the story and characters, please comment!