8: вопросы

Chapter eight : вопросы
                                       (questions) 

Svetlana's POV

We take turns driving, and we don't stop driving until around 10pm. We were almost at Atlanta in Georgia, from there it's only a four hour drive to Tennessee. Luca pulls off of the main road and parks beyond some trees, we hadn't seen another living soul for hours. 

"So, I got scissors so we should probably..." Luca says pulling out scissors.

"Okay, could you cut my hair to about my shoulders?" I ask, I couldn't believe I had to cut off all that hair. It was almost at my waist. Luca nodded, I got out my hairbrush and quickly brushed through my locks. I then turn my back to him and he starts cutting. I wince ever so slightly as he snips, my hair tumbling around me.

"There, I think we're done." 

I open up the visor and look in the mirror, Luca had cut my hair just at my shoulders. I didn't look as bad as I had expected it to be. 

"It suits you." Luca says reassuringly. 

"Thanks, your turn!" I say. 

"Ugh, just don't cut it too short." I nod my head and do as he says, when I finish I ruffle his hair. 

"You look great." I tell him as he looks in the mirror. He gives me a smile.

"Well we should get some sleep."

I nod my head and put my seat back, I stretch my legs out and try to find a comfortable position. 

"Goodnight Lana." 

"Goodnight." I echo, I fall asleep easily. 

---

When I wake up the next morning, Luca is still asleep. I check the time, 7am. I look back to Luca and watch his chest rise and fall rhythmically, his lips slightly parted as soft snores fill the car. I smile slightly, running my hands through my hair. It was so short, but I liked how light it felt. Luca was right, it did kind of suit me. 

 I hear him mumble something as he turns in his seat, a few minutes later Luca sits up rubbing his eyes. 

"Morning" I say. 

"Morning." 

"Do you want me to drive?" I ask. 

"Sure." 

----

We drive through Georgia with as little stops as possible, we needed to get to Tennessee. Get new IDs and get to this safe house Luca was talking about. The rolling hills and valleys seemed to be endless, me and Luca make small talk every now and then. 

"We need to finish that round of twenty questions." I blurt out.

"Okay, shoot." He replies. 

"Favourite colour?" 

"Blue." 

"Are you a morning or night person?" 

"Night." 

"Favourite food?" 

"Calamari." 

This was getting boring, I needed better questions. 

"Do you check me out when I walk away?" I ask.

Luca stiffens slightly, "what?" 

"Just answer the question." 

"Sometimes?" Luca says, it came out sounding more like a question than a statement and I laugh. 

"Have you ever been dumped?" I say, saving Luca the embarrassment. 

"Yes twice." 

"By who?" 

"Two girls that I dated in high school." 

"Why did they dump you?" 

"Well, one of them said that we weren't spending enough time together. The second one claimed that I was cheating on her but I wasn't." 

"Cats or dogs?" 

"Dogs." 

"Okay now it's my turn," Luca states, "what was your first impression of me?" 

That question surprised me, "in my Father's office? I thought you were a good-looking yet annoying asshole." 

"Fair enough," Luca says laughing. "Would you ever go skinny dipping?" 

"I went skinny dipping with a couple of friends once." 

"Do you sleep naked?" 

"Sometimes." 

"What's the colour of your bra?" 

"What the fuck Luca!" 

"What?! It's a valid question!" He says teasingly. 

I huff out in annoyance and peer down my shirt. "Black." . 

Luca laughs, "what's your favourite thing about me? Personality wise." 

"Ummm, your humour, and level-headedness... What about me?" 

"I dunno, you're sophisticated and witty... confident, strong..." Luca replies, looking over at me.

I'm at a loss for words so I turn back to the window and we don't really speak for the rest of the journey.  

--- 

Thanks for reading! Make sure to vote, comment and share this story with friends if you're enjoying it so far!!

Also, follow my instagram if you want @sophs_author