Wild Boar

Charles

"Who was that one princess? She was a vision!" the princes chuckle amongst themselves, conversing about their latest conquests.

"Charles be honest, how many of them have you slept with?" the prince of Brisenburg pries as he polished his sword.

"Get off it men." I defend, trying to dissociate from my past.

"Probably all of them" James mutters. The men push and punch me as we all joke in familiarity. As they continue to talk about their manly exploits, the 10 princesses walk timidly into the fields. I see Ella dressed in a loose green top, sinched into her waist, with matching pants and dark black riding boots.

"Ella what do you think you are doing?" I exclaim observing the rest of the women dressed in hunting pants attire.

"I'm showing these princesses a good time." she smiles.

"I will not allow this!"

"Allow? Charles... I thought you were more progressive than that. We just want to have a little fun. It is my job to entertain them is it not? You said so yourself" she remarks, using my own words against me.

The guys started to circle the princesses as they stood their ground.

"A woman's idea of fun differs from a man" I snap.

"Says who?" she crosses her arm stubbornly. I look for choice words to deflect but couldn't think of any at the moment.

"Charles you can admit you're scared. You must be terrified that we'll steal all the good game?"

"Is that a challenge fiance?"

"First one to bring a pig back to the palace in time for dinner wins"

"And what do the losers get?"

"Hmm..." she taps her slender finger across her soft cheek, "it's a secret" she sings.

"Deal" I agree to her terms, "I remember at one point, you told me to never make deals with the devil?" I joke, now using her own words against her.

"Well, the devil comes in many different forms, he just happened to be my fiancé" she smiles pridefully and we shake hands. I pull her in and violently kiss her before I go. Ella always did what she desired despite what others might think of her. Her carefree spirit was enamoring.

"Don't think that kiss will make me any less focused" she whispers against my reddened lips.

"Let's go Ladies! We have a boar to catch!" she winks and steps away from us men. The princesses clumsily hold their weapons and follow after her.

"Common men! Let's roll!" I command.

——

Robyn

"So what you want to do is feel the temperature of the wind. Animals usually flee away from cold air"

"How did you learn about all this?" Selina, the princess of Spainallia asks.

"I was....very into the outdoors when I was younger. Oh, look! There's a boar right now! Not a sound" I whisper, signaling the other princesses into quietude. Two princes from Charle's team spots the boar and crouch near it, sharping their arrows to get ready to shoot.

"Jessica, you are pretty" I turn to her.

"Aww thanks, Ella. In your own unique way, I think you are pretty too. If only I could fix your--"

"Go seduce them" I interrupt her critique.

"Pardon?" she asks, puzzled by my courage.

"First rule of hunting? Get ahead by charms"