Catch her!

Sheriff James POV

The contest began but still, no sign of Robyn. I thought she wouldn't be able to resist the attractive prize of 5,000 danais.

Each man threw their arrows with precision and ease yet none hit the bullseye.

"Last call for any participants?" I yell defeatedly; it looked like we would have no victor tonight. As I turn to end the contest, a tall burly man approaches me.

"I am here to enter." his throat sounded hoarse, "The name's John...."

"John what?"

"Johnn Jingle....himer...smith." he coughs. I look up from my papers and inspect him carefully. Surely this hefty, unskilled man couldn't be Robyn?

"Good luck" I chuckle and throw 5 arrows into his arms. He clumsily pulls the arrows and bow and shoots two into the target. One flew into the soft grass while the other tore through the shirt of a passerby. The people laugh and ridicule his lack of experience.

Prince Charles chuckled with glee as he watched her perform for he knew Ella would never stink this bad. He admitted it to her before and knew she was good, even better than him.

John took his final arrow and hoisted it up into the air.

ZOOM!

Its metal end pierced into the red circle of the bullseye.

"Winner!!" the crier announces.

"YAYAY!!" the crowds cheer in jubilee.

"Impossible!" I retort. How could this clumsy fool win this competition? He smiles and triumphantly walks over to the stage to claim the prize.

How could this not be Robyn? Maybe she was here? I knew she would never pass on the opportunity to win free money.

My eyes rest on where Ella and Prince Charles sat, but their seats were empty? How could I be so foolish! A lazy chuckle escapes my lips as I finally put two and two together.

Robyn!

This man was probably her in disguise!

"Excuse me" I push through the crowds, "MOVE!" I utter as I try to follow her form. I try to charge at the man but the crowds engulfed me.

"Hey you! Stop!" He quickly waved off the people and stepped into the shadows.

"Stop! CATCH HER! That's Robyn Hood!"

The people look at me like I was insane but I pushed right through them. "MOVE!" I run and open the entrance of the tent where I last saw him enter. Nobody was there except for some gypsies dancing wildly.

Where did that man go?"

"Man? No man came in here" she whispered seductively in my ear, "come...let me tell you a fortune"

"Get off me!" I seethe and shove them away. I had more important things to attend to. I went into the next tent and yet another, but still no sign.

Maybe Charles aided her in her escape? If I located the prince, surely she would be with him? As I dash through the crowds to find him, I slam into Timothee.

"Sheriff look what you've done" he sighs as he stares down at his box of colorful marbles now scattered to the ground.

"Oh I'm sorry lad"

"Well I need help to pick them. All 100" he smiles.

"I am not helping you. I am in the middle of something!"