Ambush

Next morning

"Ella! Ella? wake up"

"Hmmm?" I snap awake to pounding fists against my door.

"Wake up!" the knocking continued. I groan and go to open the door.

"Good Morning Sleeping Beauty!" Charles teases me. I observe him standing there with his golden crown, dressed to go somewhere.

I immediately slam the door shut in annoyance but he uses his foot as a wedge to keep it from closing.

"Why are you not dressed?" he fumes as he enters into my room.

"I never said you could come in!" I shout, " GO AWAY!"

"I told them to wake you up on time so you can get dressed." he whispers. He called two names as he walked over to my closet.

"Dressed for what?" I yawn.

"Here, where this dress. It's blue, my dad's least favorite color. We need to get you on his bad side"

"Bad side? Let me guess, your plan is to make your father hate me so much that he calls off the wedding?"

"Precisely" he grins.

"What a brilliant plan" I chime sarcastically.

"Do you have one better? My mother adores you so my dad is our only hope"

It was a stupid plan.... but I had one no better.

"It already seems like I need no help with that. He hates me. He was glaring at at me all night"

"Perfect! Then keep doing whatever you are doing" he smiles approvingly.

"So where are you going?" I ask curiously pulling up my loose top as he exits out the closet once more.

"WE are going to the Kindom of ;  they're throwing a week long festival and asked for the presence of the royal family of Enchancia"

"Do I have to go?" I groan curling back into the blankets of my bed.

"Yes, WE have to keep up appearances, especially since my mother has already sent the wedding announcements to the neighboring cities. Come on" he grabs my ankle, coaxing me to rise. I snap it away and ignore him.

"Ella come on! We're gonna be late!" he shakes me.

"Being tardy will make the king mad right? Let me sleep". I groan sinking deeper into the blankets.

He snatches away the covers and forcefull lifts me up to throw me over his sholders.

"Put me down!" I punch his back trying to wiggle free. He carries me towards the bathroom where an ice cold bath is drawn.

He shifts me into his forearms arms and hovers me over the cold ice bath.

"Don't you dare! Charles I swear if you drop me—!" but it was too late as the ice cold water stung my skin.

"I hate you!" I screamed from the water but he only chuckled.

"26 minutes and we're off!" he yelled and left me to dress.

—-

The chambermaids curled the last piece of my hair as I looked into the mirror.

"You are most beautiful my lady"

"Thank you" I smile into the looking glass.