Hitting the road

Before the tour began, I spent time organizing myself, I wanted to make sure that I would not forget anything and everything would go as planned. I was anxious to get started, thought about it every night, and even had trouble sleeping, using the good old chamomile tea before going to bed. Another thing that positively occupied my time was getting closer to Brenda, we were getting closer and closer, together from side to side for anything, even if it was to go to the bank with the other and help pass the time of that huge wait in general pre-show check-ups, everyone did and we would be no exception.

Finally the day we hit the road came and I could not be more excited about it, I woke up before the alarm clock even touched. Brenda and I arranged to share a taxi to the meeting point, after which she and I would go on different buses.

She hugged me before getting on the bus and whispered in my ear.

— Use a condom and remember that the other bus has another one for you to enjoy so do not waste all your energy on that bunk. — She laughed, slapping my butt before pulling away, leaving me gaping and my face burning. This is my newest best friend.

— Y/n? — I heard Tristan calling on the door of the bus. — Are you coming or are you giving up on getting stuck with us for hours on the bus? — He teased, making me laugh with him as he walked toward the bus, entering it shortly before closing the door.

— Ready to hit the road with your four best friends? — Connor questioned as I walked into the front room of the bus, where there were two sofas, a table, and a minibar. Behind a door dividing the bus they had the bunks, then a small bathroom on the side. At the back of the bus, after another door dividing the rooms, there was another room with sofas, this one with television, video game and everything that would help the boys to relax and be distracted during the way.

— I was born ready, my dear. — I said in amusement, watching them sit on the couches.

— I think we should toast. — James said as he picked up cans of soda, listening to the disapproval of the others. — We can not start the tour drunk.

— He's right, guys. — I laughed as I looked at them, Tristan rolled his eyes as Connor sank onto the couch and Brad was laughing.

— So boring... Now we have a father and a mother on the tour. — Tristan joked, James grimace and I laughed.

— So it is better to obey me. — I winked at him, taking my can of soda. James cleared his throat, catching our attention. — Time to listen to Daddy, kids. — I continued the joke, making James look at me strangely and laugh, shaking his head.

— A toast to the first tour with our best friend on board. Let it be just the beginning of one more of our adventures. They started yelling as our cans touched, then drank some of the soda. Brad pulled me into his lap, smiling at me, kissing my shoulder.

— Welcome to your new home for a few weeks. — I smiled at him and stroked his hair for a moment, keeping my gaze on him as he hugged me around the waist.

— If you're going to do something in the bunks, be quiet. And protect yourself, kids. — Tristan commented before taking a sip of his soda. Brad and I were blushing and the others were laughing. — Or not, I'd even like to be an uncle. Dude, I could teach him so many things. Or her.

— Tristan. — He looked away at me. — Shut up. — I laughed, wrapping one arm around Brad's shoulders. He and I were not at that stage yet and I find it unlikely that the first time would happen in a tiny bunk with our friends sleeping close.

— Trist, they have a lot to enjoy before having babies, if you know what I mean. — Connor gave a cheeky smile, nudging Tristan with his elbow, and Brad threw a pillow at him as he laughed.

— I really do not know why I'm friends with you. — I rolled my eyes as I laughed. — What do you usually do on the bus?

— Sleep. — Brad said with a small laugh.

— Play videogame. — Tristan added.

— Eat. — Connor said as he reached for a packet of cookies to eat.

— Singing songs from the 90s like Backstreet Boys. — James smiled already looking at Brad because he had this custom with 90's hits.

I chuckled and reached for my bag, grabbing my camera. It was good to keep it on hand and start shooting the tour from the bus, then hotels, shows, backstage, everything. I photographed some of his pranks, grimaces, and dances, I love spontaneous photos. I do not need to say that the hours flew with them, right? Even when we were not doing anything I was happy, as long as they were there.

For a moment, I caught Brad staring at the window, looked away, thoughtful. The way he looked at the horizon and some rays of light illuminating his face made him look like the perfect model of a work of art. I needed to shoot that scene, it was too good to be just in memory and not shared. After the photograph, I analyzed each centimeter with a smile on my face, how can he be real and so good to me? Do I really deserve it?

— You're drooling. — James whispered in my ear and gave a small laugh, pulling away, walking toward the fridge. Brad noticed James's laugh and turned to us with a smile.

— Hey... — He said and I smiled, sitting next to him. — What did I miss? — He chuckled, pointing at James with his head.

— Nothing. What were you thinking? You seemed distracted. — I asked curiously.

— Just thinking about what this tour reserves. — I frowned uncomprehendingly, making him laugh low. It was a very broad response. Probably that's why he was thinking so much, so many possibilities.

— What exactly?

— In overall. — He settled himself on the couch and looked at me again. — About us, you and Blake, the fans, the shows, how everything can change in the blink of an eye ... It can be positive or not, with ups and downs, like a roller coaster, you know? — He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I nodded, feeling cold in my belly to think how everything could turn upside down and I was afraid of what could happen to us and our friendship, has much at stake, much to be saved. I needed to be careful with every step, not stepping on it and screwing with everything. Choosing between them to hurt each other is a delicate path and I needed to stay sane throughout the course.

— Do not worry about the future. Take one step at a time. — I smiled at him, holding his hand, wanted to pass on confidence. — And if things go wrong, I'll be right back here to hold you. Ever.

He hugged me, sighing low as we smiled, and then I felt his lips set a kiss on my forehead.

— I love you.

— I love you too, Brad. — I raised my face to look at him and smiled. — Do not hesitate to call me when you need me. — I do not care if it's dawn, if I'm sleeping, I'll help you.

— You know the reciprocal is true right? — I nodded and smiled. — Great! You know that, above all, you're still my best friend and I'm going to do everything I can to help you and see you happy.

I could not be happier. Working with what I like, surrounded by my best friends and traveling, the bonus was being lovingly involved. All this keeps the heart warm. What more could I want? This is just the beginning of a great and incredible journey.