Fool

Brad's POV

I saw Y/n leaving my bedroom clearly mad and upset and I did nothing. Absolutely nothing!

But I had my reasons for being like that. It wasn't easy for me to watch someone making a body shot on my best friend. Not after she danced for me. Not on the night, I would try to approach her in another way, not as a friend.

Don't get me wrong her friendship is one of the best I've ever had but I want more. Since the moment I put my eyes on her for the very first time I knew she was different and I hope she feels the same but now it seems like I'm two steps behind her. I let her go home upset with me. Alone. In the middle of the night! I'd never forgiven myself if something happens to her. But she should've listened to me when I said for her to sleep here, even with this messed up situation between us.

I woke up from my thoughts when James came into my room, almost knocking down my door.

— What happened? Y/n left without talking to anyone and I know she came after you. So Simpson, you better start talking what did you do. — I swallowed dry looking at James. Soon Con and Tris joined us in my room.

— What is this?? A meeting in my room in the middle of the night?

— We just want to know why you were acting so weird and why Y/n left like that after talking to you. — Tristan said and was followed by Connor.

— We're just worried, man. We never had disagreements with her.

I took a deep breath as I scratched my hair. I'm such a fool! I let my best friend down and go away because of a damn game! She's not mine. We never had anything and I don't have the right to act like this with her. It was a game. She was just playing her dare. And I realized it too late.

— Is she gone yet? — Maybe she was outside waiting for a cab and I could fix everything. Maybe I wasn't that late. Maybe.

— No, dude. I saw her leaving with Blake. Apparently, she was going to take a cab but he offered to leave her at home.— James commented.

Blake? Seriously? It had to be Blake? The guy who kissed her whole body??

— Well, at least we know she'll be home safe. Blake's a responsible young lad. — Connor affirmed and I knew he was right. It was better than taking a cab by herself.

— The problem was that he forgot Reece and George. — Tristan said and laughed with the others.

I picked up my cellphone on my bed, searching for her number. I needed to apologize and know if she's alright. I tried calling but I had no answer, voice mail. She hates voice mail so I hung up. I tried sending messages but still having no answers. I looked worried about the boys.

— She doesn't pick up the phone and doesn't answer my messages either.

— Maybe she ran out of battery power. — Tristan said and the others agreed. But not me.

— Or maybe she hates me and she's ignoring me. — I threw myself into bed, sinking a face into the soft mattress. — I am an idiot! — I said muffled. I could have taken it well, put my "plan" into action, but I ended up pushing it away, delivering it into Blake's arms.

— Are you going to tell us what happened or not? I want to sleep but before I need to know. — James already yawned at the end of the sentence. I sat on the bed and explained everything to them, from what I feel (which was apparently nothing new to them), about what I wanted to do, the reason I avoided her and why she left that way.

— Yep, you're really a jerk. — Tristan said and James and Connor nodded.

— If you like her, you need to let her know. You need to fight and not to act like an as and push her away. — James added. He was right.

— We all noticed that Blake is also interested in her. He's our friend and a good guy. But we don't know how she feels about you two. Maybe she likes him. Maybe she likes you. — Connor followed a line of reasoning.

— You'll just know if you fight for her. You and Blake will do this, respecting limits until she decides. — Tristan followed him.

— Maybe she doesn't want any of us. — I said looking at my hands.

— How pessimistic, Brad! Let's go to sleep and then you go after her. — I nodded and laid down as soon as they left my bedroom.

I hope I can solve this whole situation, even if she chooses Blake. I just want my best friend back.