This is NOT a date

I woke up searching for my cellphone in bed to see the time.

— Great! No battery. — I took a deep breath getting up from the bed to put it on the charger while I was taking a shower.

My eyes were closed as I felt the warm water falling on my body, relaxing every muscle of it. Flashes of last night came all the time. Brad holding me by my waist when I arrived, my conversation with Blake, the game and the disagreement. I wish I could forget the last one.

When I came back to my bedroom I turned my cellphone on and saw a missing call and a message both from Brad.

"Y/n? I need to know if you got home well. x"

Not that it would solve now but I answered anyway.

"I did. I ran out of battery x"

Shortly after sending a message to Brad, I received a message from an unknown number:

"Looking forward to seeing you later ;)

xx Blake"

An instant smile formed on my face as I read. Funny how a simple message changes our mood, doesn't it? A message from someone I barely know.

"Looking forward to this too xx"

The rest of the afternoon passed relatively quickly, with no relevant events.

I had no idea where we were going and what to wear to go out with Blake. I thought it was best to ask my best friend in a video call because she lives in another country.

— So a dress, skirt or pant? — I put the pieces of clothing in front of my body for her to see.

— It depends on what image you want to pass at the date.

— This is not a date, Aly. For the thousandth time, he's just trying to cheer me up with food. — I rolled my eyes snorting before looking back at her on the phone.

— Okay, whatever helps you sleep. Well, back to the outfits. The dress is always a good option for a date. — I looked back at her. — Whatever. — This time she rolled her eyes. — It's sexy, pretty and shows off those wonderful legs that God gave you. So does skirt but it brings an air of innocence, which may be cool. A pair of trousers enhances your curves but covers all this beauty. — She smirked making a little dance with her shoulders. — He'll be in love anyway, bestie.

— You didn't help. — I put the clothes on my bed and looked at it.

— You're way too worried for a person that is not going to date. — She provoked and laughed. — Gotta go now. Send me a pic when you're ready to go. Love you!

Great! I'm still in doubt of what to wear. Thanks, Aly. "Sexy, good girl or pants?", I thought as I stared at the clothes on the bed.

— You know what? I'm just going to dinner with a friend. Nothing that jeans and the leather jacket doesn't solve. — I went to my closet, separating what I needed. Then I ran my eyes over my shoes to the old white All Star.— Perfect!

Shortly afterward, I was warned that Blake was waiting for me in the car. I left the building and found him leaning against the car, wearing exactly the same clothes I wore.

— If this had been planned, it would not have worked out. — I commented laughing as I approached to greet him.

— It seems we have a connection. — He smiled, sliding his fingers through the strands of hair as if combing them back. — This deserves a photo. — He took the phone from his pocket hugging me aside to take some selfies. He posted them all on an Instagram album, on the first on we were serious and the legend was "Double Trouble." After getting into the car, I did the same.