Jealous

Brad avoided me the rest of the game, not even looking at me. In fact, he was barely interacting with the game. It was he who suggested that the game should end. As the guests began to leave, Brad walked up to the stairs without speaking to anyone, that was not normal for him. Without saying goodbye to anyone, I climbed the stairs behind him and walked to his bedroom with the door ajar. I knocked but got no answer so I went inside.

— Brad? – I called him as I closed the door, walking through his bedroom until he appeared on the bathroom's door shirtless with a grumpy face. — You came up without speaking to anyone, I thought it was strange. Is everything alright?— I'm just tired. – He giving me the back and walking into his closet.

— Brad, you know you can tell me anything, don't you? – I paused at the door of the closet, leaning against the doorway as he took off his clothes, wearing only his underwear with his back to me. I had seen him this way several times but I never got used to it. I bit my lower lip, watching his muscles on his back and arms.

— I know. – He said and kept avoiding me, walking back to his room. — I think it's better if you sleep here. It's late for you to go back to your apartment. You can stay in my bedroom and I'll sleep on the couch. — He was ready to get out of the room when I held his hand pulling him back and forcing him to face me.

— Why are you acting like this with me? You're avoiding me for hours. Don't you think I noticed? — I questioned him with a frown, hearing him sigh. — How many times did we share the bed? Why suddenly, after all this time of friendship, you decide to sleep on the couch? – He remained in silence so I released his hand — You know what? I'm going home.

I left the room without looking back, coming down the stairs. I didn't know if I was more furious or upset. I walked past people without even looking, barely noticing that I was already outside the house when I felt someone pull me by the arm. I thought it was him but it was Blake. That wasn't bad but I really hate being that way with one of my best friends.

— What happened? You passed people without even looking at anyone, too determined to walk away without speaking.

— Brad and I argued. I mean, we didn't argue because he doesn't even talk to me so there's no way but things are not okay. I just want to go home and sleep all day. – I sighed, fiddling my hair.

— Come, I'll give you a ride. We can talk about it if you want to.

— Blake, you don't need to worry about it. I'll take a cab. – I smiled without showing my teeth but he insisted so I agreed.

We were already inside his car, he asked me for my address and put it on GPS. The radio's volume was really pleasant and that was great after all that noise. He looked away from the street and turned to me for a moment.

— Do you want to talk about it? – I denied with my head, holding my own body. — Do you at least know why he is avoiding you?

— I don't know... Maybe it's because of the game, the body shot, but that's no reason for him to be like this with me. He played it too. We're friends, we've played Truth or Dare before and he's never been that way. It's very weird... – I sighed, looking through the window.

— Maybe he's just tired or drunk. I'm sure everything will be fine soon. We both know how important you are for him and I can ensure that he wouldn't lose your friendship because of a game. – He smiled confidente and I couldn't help smiling. His smile could melt an ice cube in a second. It warmed the heart.

A short time later he parked in front of my building and I turned myself to him.

— Thank you for the ride! It was very kind of you. – I was about to get out when I stopped. — Do you wanna come in?

— No, it's better if I let you have some sleep and do the same. – He giggled. — But what do you think about going out later?

— Sounds like a plan. 19h?

— Perfect! I'll pick you up.

I smiled and waved at him after getting out of the car. I entered my building going to the elevator to get to my floor. Normally I would go by the stairs, those daily little healthy practices, but not today. I just wanted my bed, to sleep, to rest, to forget my issues with Brad and hope I won't have a huge hangover.