Chapter 21 | Towards the mountain

As I and Fluffy walked towards the door it automatically opened again as we left and closed shut. "Well here is the broken bridge!" I said. Fluffy nudged against the ice sword that was in my sheath. "Oh yeah I should probably use this now huh?" I said. Fluffy nodded a yes. I got out the sword from the sheath and focused between me and the sword and felt a cold strike come from the swords handle to the tip. It shone a bright light blue light and was surrounded by tiny ice particles that fixed the bridge that I and Fluffy had broke. "Woah, hopefully I could use that more often!" I said as the bridges pieces came back together magically. Fluffy looked straight ahead and marched forward as I followed and we Safely crossed the newly built bridge. Soon, we headed on to the mountain, but Fluffy made some pauses for berries which made me hungry so I ate more useless aireal. For some reason the aireal was tasteless, but it made me full. I tried to read the back, but it was written in a different language. "Hey Fluff do you know what this says?" I asked. He nodded a no, but he drew a symbol of air on the snowy ground. "Yeah I know it's from the element of air, it literally says AIReal." I said. We finished eating and made it to the mountain hours later. "Well here we are and it's almost night time, so gotta hurry up, you should stay here I don't think it's safe for you." I said. As I got my backpack out while sitting on the snow, Fluffy started to whimper. "Oh come on buddy I won't take long I just got to get to the top then get to the statue." I said. I started to wear the spikey shoes and got out my grappling hook that Ivory gave me. Finally I put on my golves and left my backpack to Fluffy. "Watch my backpack ok!" I said. As I hugged Fluffy goodbye he was fading away from my sight as I climbed, so I decided to stay looking up. The farther up I climbed, the more I used my grappling hook for help as the climbing got more difficult. The atmosphere was getting colder and a blizzard had hit my face, so I could barely see anything. I took small breakes when ever I saw a flattened place, but I had to keep moving and hope for no avalanches to come crawling down. Still climbing and no avalanche, but the mountain still looks like when I started to climb it, giant. It's as high as the clouds and higher, but it looks infinite. Soon farther up, the ledges were getting smaller and tighter, so I had to hold on better. "Oh my god! No! No no no no! Don't fall! Don't look down! Ugh why do I have to do this!" I said as I almost fell off of a ledge. I hugged the mountain in fear of heights, because when people say they are not afraid of heights, that's only because they are on the ground and are safe and not on the edge of a huge mountain! Anyway, I almost reached the top and it took longer then I expected, I had to go threw the toughest of areas. As I made it to the cave, I started to shiver, not onoy because of the extreme coldness, but because of the sleeping beast in front of me. I quietly climbed up and looked around the cave. There were blood marks, bones, and of course the beast itself. All I could describe of the beast is that it looked like a yeti, a giant furry snow gorilla that kills just like that. Except its face looked more fierce and it was covered with scars and marks everywhere. Before, I aproached this creepy looking thing, I wanted to see the statue for my self, so I threw my grappling hook on the ledge above me. The sound that the grappling hook made would surely have woken up the beast. I paused, looking at the beast, yet it snored on. Soon I hurried and climbed the grappling hooks rope. Finally! My arms and legs were tired! I made it all the way up without descending! I saw the statue and all its glory, but to get a closer look I would have to climb a bit more. So I made it to the tip top, not a flat top by a pointy top, which is easy to fall off of. The features of the statue were that of any other statue, except this was a diamond shaped statue and the light shining to the sky was weak. No wonder why I or someone has to restore the statues, the power is weak without the pieces connected. I took out the shards Iclo had given me and when I was about to figure out were to put them, the statue automatically took them from my hands and put them in its rightful spot, letting the statue glow more. The pieces were in no certain order, they were just like chips of wood. They glowed for a bit then stopped, nothing happened, I just need a bit more shards for the final appearance. So after looking at the statue for about 5 to 10 minutes I slowly went down. I had a quick thought though, that if it's hard to climb up, is it harder to climb down or less hard? I've been hiking for years now so I should be used to something like this. Just got to be careful, one wrong step and its bye bye to me. I made it down to the ledge to the cave and tried to slowly make it down by the grappling hook. The hook out of grip and I fell on the floor, making a snowy thud for the beast to hear. "Oh shit!" I said, making things much worse.