Chapter 7 | Lessons

I was about ready to leave the restroom when I accidentally bumped into Alani. It is good I bumped into her and not anyone else otherwise I would have been embarrassed.

"Madeline! Where were you? I was waiting for you to show up in class!" Alani worried.

"I wasn't feeling too well so I went to the nurse to take a nap. I'm fine now though, you don't have to worry about me. Okay?" I replied.

"Okay, but trust me when I say this, you can talk to me whenever you need to okay? You're my friend and I'm never letting you down!" Alani said.

"Thanks Alani. It really means a lot to me." I smiled.

"You're welcome! Now let's get back to class before we get in trouble!" Alani laughed.

We both walked out of the bathroom with caution and speed because we did not want to get in trouble by a classmate or a teacher. Even though we are the most honest students on campus, we can still get into some goofiness.

We arrived by the door and as I was going to reach for the handle Alani stopped me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"We shouldn't go in together, it is going to look like we were hanging out and ditching class. Here you go in first and I will catch up with you in a bit." Alani demanded.

"Good idea! I'll try to stay calm and just explain what happened." I said.

I opened the door as Alani went back to the bathroom. Everyone glanced over at me, as usual just to see who is at the door. Mr. Taylor looked at me and called me over at his desk.

"Madeline come here I need to talk to you." Mr. Taylor said.

I walked over to his desk that was covered in small stacks of papers, his laptop, and office supplies.

"Are you alright? I mean you look extremely tired. It is almost like you havent slept in days maybe weeks. Is there anything I can do to help? You're grades are fantastic and your assignments are spot on, but lately it seems like you take so much time to do your work and you choose to do them at home." Mr. Taylor explained.

"Well it is just that, I haven't been sleeping good because I've been mostly staying up studying for tests and doing homework assignments for all my classes." I said.

"Okay well right now we are just working on the project we started last week. So if you want to work on it you can, otherwise you can just read a book or do other assignments from your classes." Mr. Taylor said.

"Okay I will try my best to work on the project. Thanks." I replied.

"Oh, also Alani went to the restroom so she should be back soon to help you out with the project." Mr. Taylor guessed.

I thanked Mr. Taylor once more and went to my seat where I and Alani's desk were covered in poster boards, literature books, and coloring utensils.

Soon, a little bit of time has passed and Alani came back, she was surprised that I had been already working on parts of the project by myself. Usually I work better with Alani on projects like this, but I studied so much that I understand how to the the project fully.

"Hey Madeline you're on a roll! I came back for a couple of minutes and you already finished one part of the poster board! Now all we need is the other side and then the essay!" Alani said.

We worked on the project for twenty more minutes until the class had ended. The students all left except a group of four and us.

As I was packing my bag I saw a glimpse of a shadow that looked unfamiliar in the corner of the class.

I looked at the shadow for a while until Alani spoke.

"Madeline, hurry up, we gotta go to our next class!" Alani said.

As I quickly left the class while saying bye to Mr. Taylor and Alani, I saw Noah coming towards me near the drinking fountain.

"Hey Madeline is it okay if I get a quick snack to eat? Football is really exhausting!" Noah begged.

"Here, I have chips, also I need to go to my next class so you can keep it. Also goodluck!" I said speed walking to my next class.

"Hey thanks!" Noah said as he waved bye to me.

It was now 9:30 AM and I walked inside the piano classroom.

"