Chapter 19 | A fluff of a friend

I sat by the lake with my boots on the frozen water. Then I searched for something to eat from the backpack and found something called aireal. It was like a cereal, so I opened the box and saw that the cereal was like puffs of air. When I took a bite of one piece it tasted like nothing so I ate more and still nothing, it's just a useless box of starvation. I threw a piece by a small sized boulder and heard a twitch of movement to my right. "Hello?" I asked as I stood up cautiously. "Please come out, I am friendly, I mean youno harm!" I asked and explained. Mumbling came from behind the boulder its sound was high pitched. "I'm friendly!" I said once more. The creature peaked out its head, icy horns and cartoon eyes were all I could see. I gasped quietly, and the creature hid again. "It's ok you can come out! I won't hurt you! Please!" I said begging it to come out. It jumped on the boulder to where I can see it more. It had legs like birds, but they were ice blue as well as the two curly goat-like horns on its head. It had cartoon looking eyes that were to real to believe and its fur looked like the worlds softest thing. It had no arms and its body shape was like a slightly squared oval. It had a beak for a mouth so it kind of looked like a bird. "Oh hello there, what's your name! Mine's Madeline!" I said softly yet joyfully. It opened its beak and pointed to its beak with one leg. "Oh can't speak? Well I'll just guess your name then!" I said. It pointed to its fur multiple times with its leg. "Your pointing at your furr, so is your name furry?" I questioned. It shaked its head as a no. "Oh! Fluffy?" I gave another guess. It shaked its head as a yes and jumped in the air multiple times. "Well then Fluffy, can you help me find out where the ice castle is?" I questioned. He nodded a yes and jumped down from the boulder and started marching on the icy lake. I followed him or at the very least I assumed his gender or what ever it is. All the way to the middle of the lake, Fluffy's sharp nails the Ice creek. "Oh no! Be very careful, quiet, and move very slowly!" I gasped. He took a step carefully and his long sharp nails almost digged into the ice and made it creek more. We looked at each other very slowly, then, the ice cracked and I quickly picked up Fluffy and ran across the lake as the ice crumbled behind me. I made it to the other side and put Fluffy down next to a bush. "That was close! How deep is that lake any way?" I looked at the path of which the ice had crumbled. Fluffy ignored me and was eating berries from the bush. The bush was a very frozen pine green color and its berries were a frozen dark and light blue yet almost violet color. It looked so good and edible that I reached out to get one. Fluffy stopped me by pushing my legs back and nodded a no. "Why not your eating them!" I proved. He ate one as a demonstration, pretended to choke then fall. "Oh they're poisonous?" I questioned. He nodded a no and pretended to freeze. "Oh frost bite ok!" I understood. He nodded a yes and ate more berries; his beak was smeared with berries. He finished, washed his mouth with the lakes cold water, and moved on. As we walked, the cold flat snow was beginning to form a slope and Fluffy was getting tired. I picked him up and moved on for about an hour. "Hey buddy how long till?" I asked. He didn't answer, he just broke free from me caring him and ran behind another small sized boulder. "Hey-?" I paused. I saw the kingdom, the entrance was made out of ice, but just like what Chasms map showed, was to walk across a bridge of ice. "Um Fluffy is this it?" I asked. He nodded a yes. "Well, let us go, I'm the bridge is not all that bad." I wondered. I started to move slowly across the no handled, thin ice bridge and Fluffy stood back. He held up his claw and looked at me. "Don't worry I'm sure that won't happen again trust me!" I told. "Do you want me to carry you again?" I questioned. Again he nodded a yes, so I picked him up and walked ever so slowly against the ice bridge. So close to the huge doors and yet all i can see down is a pit of darkness. Looking down made me stumble and made me ruin my baby steps like before when the frozen lake cracked. "Ah! Fluffy watch out!" I screamed as the bridge broke below me. I throw him towards the door as I grasped onto the ice ledge. "Fluffy! I'm slipping! Help me!" I shouted. Fluffy stood up strong and grabbed my hand with his claws. He pulled me up and we ran towards the door as the whole bridge collapsed behind us and echoed with a thud. "Well that was risky!" I chuckled. He smiled and stuck out his blue tongue out at the broken bridges gap. "Come on fluff clown we got a job to do!" I said as I knocked on the ice door. It automatically opened and we went in.