Chapter 18 - Retail therapy

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITED. THERE ARE BOUND TO BE A TON OF MISTAKES BECAUSE I WROTE IT IN A RUSH.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter 18 - Retail therapy

Zane
Sometimes being the most powerful witch in the universe is more of a curse than a gift. You have to watch the people you care about hurt and you can't do anything about it. Seeing someone's future wasn't a gift I had enjoyed. It's a burden. Eli enjoys it. He sees it as a gift. I see it as a curse. Speaking of Eli, my temper was now under control. The earlier rage I felt was now a low simmer. I had no idea what I was going to do about this situation. I've been patient enough to wait for my mate to come to me. Things might not be perfect and yes there is a lot of work to be done to earn her unconditional trust, but I have her. I was not about to lose her to anyone, especially not my brother.

I got home around three the morning. When I did, Aria was already sleeping. I didn't realize it was that late. I watched her sleep for a few minutes. There were no nightmares tonight. I was glad for that.

I took a quick shower and got into bed beside her. She unconsciously curled into my side mumbling her pleasure. Even when she was asleep her subconscious knows I'm near. If only she would just open her heart and trust fully. She's still holding back and I don't know how to get her to open up. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't even understand the workings of my own mate's mind. It was so complex. There was nothing at all simple about Aria. But then again, from the first time I saw her I knew things wouldn't be simple with her. I needed more information, and there was someone who could give it to me. Reluctantly I got out of bed and locked myself in the office. It was a rule for me to not associate with members of the council unless it was absolutely necessary. This was one of those times. I summoned Zaphaya to my office. She could possibly give me some answers.

"Your highness, how may I be of assistance?"

She acted like it was completely normal for me to summon her to my apartment at three in the morning.

"Why do you persist on wearing that stupid robe?"

"I'm sorry your highness, I wasn't aware I had another choice."

Her response was laced with sarcasm, but I chose to ignore it because of her relationship to my mate.

"I need your sight."

"And what's wrong with yours, your highness?"

"Do I have to explain myself to you?"

"Of course not. I apologize."

"I need to know specific details of Aria's past."

"I was under the impression you already knew everything."

"I must be missing something. I haven't made any progress with her. She obviously doesn't trust me if she kept the fact that my brother kissed her from me."

Her face stayed neutral. "I'm not sure what you expect of me your highness. Is it that you want me to tell you why your mate doesn't trust you?"

"I want to know the cause of her distrust."

"I think you already know that. Do I need to say the words?"

"That won't be necessary. How do I get her to trust me fully?"

"I thought that was obvious; get rid of her bad memories."

"How do I do that?"

"Well you can't. She has to on her own. You can only help."