Chapter 36 - A mother's hatred

Rosalie
"So you've finally decided to show yourself."

"It seems I've waited for too long. Hello Elijah."

"Mother."

"I could have sworn I had gotten him before the exchange."

"How did you escape that place, mother?"

"How do you think I did it? I gathered all the power I could, but thanks to the borders falling I didn't have to use any of them to get out. No borders mean no restrictions. I guess I have you to thank for that. You provided her with the information and she used it." I looked my son over. He was so different from the other one. He was just like me. He hated following rules and hated to be told what to do. He was the opposite in every way to his treacherous father. "It's so good to see you, Elijah, but you know I'm not here for you."

"Why do you want him gone so badly?"

"I've said it many times. He should not have been born. I have no choice."

"I won't let you kill him."

"You have no choice in the matter. Don't get in my way, Elijah. He should not have been born. It should have only been one."

"Don't you think you have it wrong? Even if you didn't want us both, why the first born? First born children are always protected. It's the rest of us that have it hard."

"You just said it. Second children are always overlooked, especially if that second born child is a twin. I'm going to level the field."

"Father will stop you."

"Yes, your father will be a problem, but I trust in my skills. Your father and brother will come for you. I'm counting on it, but enough about them for now. Tell me about the red head."

"Aria?"

"She's quite something that one."

"Why do you want to know about her?"

"I want to know if she's worthy of you."

My son scoffed at me. "Mother, I have a mate."

"Oh yes, the dark princess." I didn't like her near my son. "She can kill you. That won't work. I want you to find love and happiness. I don't want you to be bound by the love fate chose for you. I want real love for you, Elijah. I think you can have that with the red head." He scoffed again.

"Aria has Zane, mother."

"But you didn't say you don't want her," I countered. "With Zane out of the way you'll be free to be with each other. She's not indifferent to you. She's just too blinded by her love for Zane to see or feel anything else."

Elijah
All the times Zane said our mother was crazy I didn't believe him, but hearing her talk right now proves just how crazy she really is. I have a mate yet she's focusing on Aria. Why?

"Why are you so fixated on my brother's mate?"

"It's simple. You have feelings for her. Even though the curse is broken you still have feelings for her. That is why you couldn't mate fully with that other one. Your heart is fighting against fate. You are destined to mate with the dark princess, but your heart wants the other princess."

"How did you come up with that?"

"I'm your mother, Elijah. A mother knows what's in her son's heart even before he does. You have feelings for the red head. Those feelings are your own. They're real. They're not influenced by fate's curse. You like her just because. That's your truth. Why are you hiding from it?"