•22- Searching•

Alex POV

I get out of my car after winning the race with JB. He wasn't going very fast but did block me from the front for a little while, which wasn't his usual style, but whatever.

I walk over to see Sam and Cole but no Elijah and Vienna.

"Where are the other two?" I ask.

"They went to the bathrooms, but they've been gone for like ten minutes." Cole answers.

"Let's go find them."

We walk around to where the restrooms are and Cole goes in to see if Vienna's inside. She comes back out and shakes her head and I start to get worried. Sam goes around the backside.

"Guys!" he yells. We rush over and see Elijah collapsed on the ground.

"Eli!" Cole takes her water bottle and dumps it over his face. His eyes bolt open and sits up. The gash on his forehead is cut open again and his nose is bloody. There are bruises along his face as well.

"What the hell happened! Where's Vienna!" I shout.

"I- I don't know. Someone came up behind me while I was waiting outside the bathrooms for her and knocked me out. They must have taken her. I'm so sorry, Alex."

I didn't bother answering him because I noticed deep heel marks in the dirt. Looks like Sunshine didn't leave without a fight.

"Sam, take Elijah and Cole to my house and stay with them. I'm going to look for her. If I don't find her by ten, I'll head home and we can try something else."

He nodded and they dragged Eli to the car. I get into my own and speed off, trying to think of who could've taken her. My initial thought is JB but he was racing with me the entire time. Or was he?

I don't know what to think anymore. I just need Vienna.

I take a few breaths but it does very little to ease the panic rising in my chest. I look around downtown and even up north but I still can't find her. I go inside of abandoned buildings hoping to see her but there's no use. I have no idea where she is.

Noticing that it's already ten-thirty and I'm still not back at my place. I hurry home and run inside. The only emotion I feel right now is worry. It's so strong it feels as if my chest is constricting and I can't breathe.

Elijah is all cleaned up and resting on the couch. Sam is frantically typing away on his phone and Cole is on call with someone, presumably Nita.

"Guys!" I shout and they pause to look at me. "Whatever we do, we cannot get the cops involved."

"Understood."

Just then my phone chimes with a message.

New Message: Sunshine

"She texted!" I exclaim and rush to open it.

Sunshine: HEy. i'm Leaving you so Please don't be Mad bEcause everything is fine. it's not Just you it's me baBy

What the fuckity fuck?

"Let me see." Cole says and takes my phone.

"Just so you are aware, she's not breaking up with you. I bet they made her send that." Sam reassures.

"But look. There are random capitalized letters. Hold on a second."

Cole disappears upstairs but returns with a notepad and a pen. She writes down the letters and gasps.