•12- Smartass•

I wake up to a loud noise coming from the kitchen. I quickly stand up and hurry into the kitchen where Vienna stands with her hand over the sink. 

"Shit." she mutters. 

"What happened?" I ask worriedly. I gives me a shy smile and lifts her hand up, which now had blood dripping down it. 

"I dropped the knife on my hand."  

"Fuck." I murmur and grab a handful of paper towels from the roll next to me. I grab her hand and gently press the paper towels on it. She hisses in pain and I mutter an apology before leading her down the hall to her bathroom. 

"Wash the blood off in the sink. Where's all your medical supplies?" I ask her, opening random cabinets in the room. 

"Bottom drawer to your left." she says and I soon find it. I set it next to her and pull out things I need. 

"Is the cut deep?" I ask her and she shakes her head. At least that's good. She shouldn't need actual medical attention.

"Let me see." she lifts her hand to me and I take it, inspecting it for any serious injuries. 

"It's just a little cut, Alex. I'm okay." she reassures and I give her an embarrassed smile. I guess I did make this a bigger deal than it needed to be. 

I clean it out with peroxide and wrap a bandage around it. She winces a bit but she doesn't say anything. 

"All done." I say, but she doesn't remove her hand from mine. I look at her with the sudden urge to kiss her again. Her lips were so soft and sweet. 

I learn forward to kiss her once again when we hear the front door open. 

"Shit! It's my dad." she says, panicked. "We got to get you out of here without him noticing." 

"Got it." 

She motions for me to stay in the bathroom and clean up the supplies. I hear her talking to her dad before the sound of footsteps gets closer to the bathroom. 

"Dad, I think the shelf above my bed in loose. Can you go fix it for me?" she asks. I hear the footsteps retreat and I let out a breath of relief. 

I don't think her dad walking in on me in his bathroom, in his clothes, alone with his daughter would end in a good thing. 

"Here, put these on." she whispers and throws my now-dry clothes at me before shutting the door. I quickly change into my own clothes and leave her dad's clothes folded on the sink. 

We quickly walk to the front door and I shove my shoes on. We walk to my bike which was in front of the house, so I don't know how her dad didn't notice it. 

"Loose shelf? I thought you'd be able to lie better than that." I smirk. 

"That wasn't a lie. My shelf is actually loose." she laughs. I see her phone in her hand and take it from her. I grab her hand and put in her fingerprint to unlock her phone. 

I type in my number and hand it back to her. 

"Next time you get stuck on the side of the road, call me. I'll answer." I say with a small smile. She smiles back and waves as I take off back to my house. 

When I pull into my driveway, my mom walks out the door with her hands on her hips. 

"Where were you, Alex?" she asks, accusingly. 

"The roads were really bad last night so I stayed at Sam's. My phone died during the night so I couldn't text you." I say. 

That was somewhat true. My phone did die and the roads were really bad but I definitely wasn't at Sam's.