Chapter 27: Say No To This

(A/N): Hi everyone! I'm just pausing for a second to give y'all a little bit of information about this next chapter. It's the highlights of many letters exchanged between James and Maia, so there might be some unwritten time skips between letters. Thanks for reading! Love you guys! ~ Kira

Dear Maia,

I miss you. No really. "Wow James you're such a sap." Well you're right. You've only been gone for a week, and I'm stuck at Hogwarts. In a dorm. With Evan Wood, who won't stop complaining that his lady love, Alice has been separated from him. Luckily, this gives us an opportunity for some extremely manly bonding about how much we miss you two. This may be shocking, but Evan and I are actually working on our classes now because we have way too much free time without you two and apparently working yourself to death on quidditch isn't healthy. I blame Gwen for all of it, because apparently because she and Evan have some sort of twin-mind link, she can tell when he's overdoing it and then materializes out of nowhere to stop both of us. At this point, I'm not sure it's impossible to apparate on Hogwarts grounds. I know it's very important to you to be with your dad right now, and I'll be stopping by for a visit whenever you think you'd be willing to let me, but I wouldn't be mad if you suddenly appeared back at Hogwarts.

Actually I might be going crazy. Send help.

Your favorite Potter (I know it's really Lily but at least let me pretend),

James

Dear James,

Hold it together for a little while longer, love. I believe in you. In regard to Evan, I'll tell Alice that he's missing her, but I'm sure she knows that, judging by the sheer volume of the letters that she's received. Honestly. She's started to reply in one long letter for every three. Personally, I prefer your bi-weekly letters to the daily ones, but I don't think Alice minds the daily ones. Make sure to tell him that. I'm glad to hear that you're actually working on homework instead of forcing Rose to do it for you- I mean help you with it- every time. I'll make sure to thank Gwen in my next letter. As much as I know you two enjoy quidditch, I'd rather have a boyfriend to come back to. By the way, you're free to visit whenever you like, though I'll be at the hospital during visiting hours. Also, did you know that your Aunt Eve is my dad's healer? I can't believe I didn't notice earlier.

I'll see you soon.

Maia

P.S. Lily IS my favorite, but you can ignore it if you like :)

Dear Maia,

I'm visiting this weekend, so I'm going to keep this letter short. I told Evan all the things you told me to, and he looked happier, but still occasionally zones out in the middle of a conversation, looking like a lost puppy off into the distance. Evan aside, I'm glad your dad is doing better, and I hope you got the flowers I made Aunt Eve give you (I was afraid that sending them by owl would mess them up.) I know homeschooling isn't nearly the same as being at Hogwarts, but at least you're still keeping up with classes.

See you soon love,

James

Dear Maia,

I know I just visited and I just sent you a letter, but I honestly need to tell you something. I'm really worried about Evan. I know that you told me that Alice's owl is injured and that Alice is worried that Evan's owl is overworking itself, but Evan seems off. He keeps leaving the dorm right as the rest of us are going to sleep, and sometimes doesn't come back until after breakfast. One time, we all went to go sleep over in the Ravenclaw boys dorms with Louis and his dorm mates, but Evan refused to go and said he wanted to stay alone in our dorm for once. He's always in some sort of messy state, whether it's his hair or his clothes, and you know how much he cares about presenting himself properly. He's never like this. I think he's missing Alice a little too much, even with her letters every week. He keeps rambling on that they're rushed and that she's losing interest in him, and I tell him over and over that she wouldn't stop asking about him while I was here, but that doesn't seem to be enough for him. What is going on, Maia?

Love,

James

Dear James,

I already sent a reply to your first letter, but here's my response to the second. Now that I've heard it, I'm as worried about Evan as you are. I think he may be potentially hurting himself in some way. Keep an eye on him. Let Gwen know something's wrong Tell him how much Alice cherishes his letters, and how much she misses him. I'll be back soon.

Love,

Maia