Chapter 15: Ten Duel Commandments

(A/N): Hello lovelies I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long!!!! It's been a super busy month for me so I haven't had the chance to update..... but here's Ten Duel Commandments!!!! Midterms are actually the worst, so I'm going to try my best, but I probably won't be able to post consistently until school lets out later this month. Thanks so much for sticking with me!!! ~ Kira

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??" Rose's enraged expression in combination with her messy flaming red hair provides a terrifying silhouette as she stands in the doorway of the bedroom, flanked by Lily Luna Potter, and, to my horror, my brother Teddy, who was giving James a look that would have made a lesser mortal disintegrate on the spot.

"Rose, wait-" I say just as she launches her first stinging hex at James.

He grabs his wand just in time to block it. At this, Rose becomes even more furious by the minute, shooting hex after hex, the likes of which she probably learned from Mrs. Potter. I'm practically frozen to the spot, and James is still dazed, his eyes glazed over from the kiss. He is barely managing to block or dodge each of her hexes before they hit him.

Eventually, he fails to dodge one, and is hit in the face by the legendary Ginny Weasley Bat-Bogey Hex. He is knocked back on the bed, dealing with the Bogeys that are circling his head. While he's distracted, Rose drags me off the bed and into the room that we're sharing with Lily Luna Potter.

She pulls me over onto my bed and sits me down, gesturing for Lily, who had just slammed the door shut, to join us. The two of them sit across from me on Rose's bed. Turning towards me, Rose speaks first.

"Maia, can you please tell me what the hell I just saw?"

Lily tugs on her sleeve with a disapproving glance at Rose's use of language.

"Sorry, Lily. Maia, what the HECK DID I JUST SEE???"

"You have eyes, Rose," I reply coldly, not sure why I'm so defensive about this, "And I'm sure you're about to tell us anyway."

Rose looks taken aback, but shakes her head as she continues.

"YOU WERE SNOGGING JAMES SIRIUS POTTER, MAIA. WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WERE YOU THINKING?"

Lily turns towards me, and speaks for the first time since I'd entered the room.

"You whAT?" she asks, her eyes wide.

"First of all, I wasn't snogging him. He kissed me. Once. That's it. Second of all, I wasn't thinking, because people don't think in the middle of a kiss, 'Oh wow let's just think about whatEVER THE FUCK I WANT!"

Rose ignored my second answer and fixated on my first.

"HE kissed YOU correct?"

".......yes?"

"Did you explicitly ask for it?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Did he coerce you into doing it?"

"NO. Rose do you even hear yourself? I didn't explicitly ask for it because that wouldn't even occur to me as something to do in the first place! And you've known James since you were born, so you KNOW that he'd never coerce anyone into doing that. Merlin, Rose why are you so upset about this?"

Rose was silent for a moment.

"I thought..... After you came back from the Yule Ball...... you were upset about something....... And the girls and I figured that the problem would be James?"

"That was sort of it, Rosie, and I'm glad that you and the girls were looking out for me, but the reason I was acting weird was because James had been acting strangely at the time and I wasn't sure what was going on. I was going to clear it up with him when I went to go find him, but then... you know.... And then you walked in and Teddy was there too....." I trailed off and turned to look at Rose.

"Rose...... Where's Teddy....?"

The only response I got was a sheepish shrug.

"I don't know where he is. I told him to let me talk to you first when I heard you yelling, but then he disappeared when we left James."

My eyes widened.

"Do you remember an incident when he caught Victoire and Teddy snogging at the platform?"

She realized what was happening a second after I did.

"He wants payback."