Chapter 8: Right Hand Man

I immediately rushed to keep up with Cora's alarmingly fast pace on her way to her house's common room.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you when we get there." she said impatiently.

When we got to the common room, she named the password, (Salazar) and we stepped into the room to find some fellow fourth years and up sitting around a large round table with papers strewn all over the floor.

"I brought her in," announced Cora and was immediately gestured to bring me towards the crowded table.

Cora unrolled a long list of supplies and said,

"The Gryffindors have bought up or reserved nearly all of the products that we ordered from Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. It must have something to do with Fred Weasley Jr. coming to Hogwarts three years ago. As of now, we are completely outnumbered, and we need some help. Any ideas?"

I paused for a moment, thinking.

"I say we go all out on the next prank. Use every crazy idea we've been thinking about. I have some friends that can help us out."

The Slytherins all looked at each other. Then they all turn to look at me with huge grins on their faces.

Soon enough, I was running around like a madwoman helping Cora direct pranks and other distractions at every corner around the Gryffindor common room. I'm directing my dorm mates around the halls to tell other houses about what's going on, what to avoid, and the extreme amount of secrecy we need.

After the last dungbomb was placed right at the doorway, I was seized with an idea while we stood outside in hiding.

"James let the password for this fortnight slip to me yesterday. We could go in and steal their supplies."

Cora grinned at me, and signaled at some other Slytherins that we were going in and needed backup. I signaled to my friends and they all followed, except for Brianna, who was holding the detonator for all of the more explosive pranks that she'd created with her dad.

I quickly said the password (Godric) and slipped quietly inside. Luckily, Gryffindors were all in the Great Hall, learning to dance for the upcoming Yule Ball. I quickly Alohomora, and the lock to the prank closet fell to the floor with a loud thunk. I opened the door slowly, and saw so many products from WWW that I didn't know what to do with myself.

Cora did, apparently, because she immediately pulled a large bag out of her robes and began stuffing everything that she could into it. When she noticed that we were pausing, she sighed then threw each of us an identical bag into which we began throwing every prank supply in sight.

As soon as we finished, we cast Wingardium Leviosa on our respective bags and ran out of the common room, reaching our hiding places just in time for me to see the Gryffindors rounding the corner on the Marauder's Map.

Each of our seven people who served as detonators (Brianna included) pressed a small button to turn on one of their seven lights on their detonator to signal to the others that they were ready. Once every detonator had seven lights, Cora started a slow countdown from five and waited as all hell broke loose.

Firework dungbombs (Seamus Finnigan's legendary creation, now a bestseller at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes) went off everywhere both outside and inside the common room where Brianna had placed them last minute. Sprays of green slime coated the walls and any Gryffindor stupid enough to get in the way. Fake snakes slithered all over the floor and wrapped around the feet of any Gryffindor they could trip. Cora and I began throwing Peruvian instant darkness powder in certain areas where they wouldn't put out the fireworks. The hall was in chaos by the time we all began to run, using instant darkness powder as a cover, seeing with lights purchased by some of the purebloods from Borgin and Burkes.

As soon as we were out of range, we all began laughing so hard that some of the seventh years had to lean against a wall, just clutching their sides in silent laughter. We were all covered in the remnants of the instant darkness powder, and of course our presence in the hall would be pretty suspicious to anyone who walked by. As the Hufflepuff head girl rounded the corner, we all turned and ran as fast as we could to the Slytherin common room, Cora shouting the password out as we all dashed into the doors.

Panting heavily, the entirety of the Slytherin house slides down to the floor in exhaustion. They all shake hands and exchanged high fives with their Ravenclaw contributors. Eventually, some of the older Slytherins cast scourgify on all of us and sent us on our way.

I passed James in the hall on the way back to the Ravenclaw tower, and he looked at me, his hair green and covered in slime, still dazed and smelling of dungbombs from all of the ideas we fired off. He was obviously shocked, but he still managed to give me one of his heart stopping grins and said

"Tell me how you did that."