Chapter 6: Farmer Refuted

After all of the lessons for the day were finally done with, I went back to the dorm to discuss the prank war with my dorm mates. Shockingly enough, they'd already heard of it and were eager to join.

"Oh I'm in." Gwen said, "Any chance for messing with Evan I'll take. He may be older by nineteen minutes but this will show him I'm the better twin."

"Definitely." Rose stated, "With all of the cousins I have, you need someone as experienced with battle as I am. Let me tell you, the Potter Prank War of 2008 was LEGENDARY. Apparently Dad pranked Uncle Harry and everyone started taking sides. Uncle Harry won because Aunt Ginny was on his side and pregnant at the time so no one was allowed to prank her. Not to mention, my uncles own Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes."

"I can blow stuff up." supplied Brianna, "I'll even owl my dad for his explosive recipes."

Alice cracked her knuckles menacingly and gestured towards the spraying plants that were neatly lined up on her shelf.

"Alright. Let's let Cora know that we're in." I decided.

The five of us then left the dorm and walked down the stairs and hallway to search for Cora. All of a sudden, we heard shouting coming from the courtyard. As we investigated the noise, we saw a large group of Gryffindors, some covered in what appears to be live snakes made out of sticky green slime, yelling at a group of smug Slytherins, Cora included, who all had smirks the size of the giant squid on their faces.

"WE KNOW YOU DID THIS," shouted the lead Gryffindor, "IT LITERALLY HAS SLYTHERIN WRITTEN ALL OVER IT."

The Slytherin prefect kept his voice at a reasonable level and carefully arched his right eyebrow in an expression of mock confusion.

"You called for a prank war and you got it." he scoffed, "Don't tell me your fur has been brushed the wrong way by a harmless prank, house cat."

The entire Gryffindor crowd bristled at the insult to their symbol, so it was no surprise that a stinging hex was aimed straight at the Slytherin prefect from a fifth year Gryffindor. Instead of hitting him, however, it was stopped by a shield charm.

"That is enough," the castor of the charm, Noah a Hufflepuff prefect, stated calmly, his voice amplified by a Sonorus charm, "Chaos is not the solution. Gryffindor, the only thing that appears to be injured about you is your pride, and Slytherin, maybe try to avoid provoking the Gryffindors?" his eyes softened and his cheeks flushed a light pink when his view landed on the Slytherin prefect, who seemed to be doing his best to pretend the Hufflepuff didn't exist. Judging by the slightly red-tinged ears and the furtive glances that he was sending at the Hufflepuff prefect, the once smug Slytherin was failing miserably at it.

During this exchange, Victoire had silently come up behind me.

"What is the meaning of this?" she demanded in what Teddy calls her "Head Girl Voice".

From beside his prefect, a Slytherin sixth year shouted in answer, "Alex here was too busy flirting with a Puff to pay attention to the prank war."

Alex, the Slytherin prefect, elbowed his housemate in the side, causing him to double over in what I couldn't tell was genuine or fake pain. By now, Alex's blush had spread past his ears to his face and the back of his neck, and both he and the Hufflepuff prefect could be matching the Gryffindors with all of the red that they were sporting.

From beside me, Victoire nudged one of the Ravenclaw prefects, and they reluctantly handed her ten galleons.

She then commanded, "Everyone get back to the castle. It's almost time for dinner. I do not want to hear anymore about this prank war, feud, or whatever ridiculous name you sorry lot have decided to call it."

And with that, Victoire sauntered gracefully back to the castle, a trail of Ravenclaws following dutifully after their Head Girl.

I walked over to Cora, who was teasing Alex mercilessly about the Hufflepuff prefect. Hilariously, Alex was cowering slightly in front of the eleven year old girl who was about a foot and a half shorter than him.

"-honestly, Alex, you are a sixteen year old boy who can't get the balls to ask out the guy he likes."

Alex opened his mouth to argue but was aggressively cut off by the younger, exasperated Slytherin.

"Shhhhhhh I was talking. Anyways, Noah OBVIOUSLY likes you, so grow a pair and ask him out!"

And with that, she spotted me and walked over.

"Have you given any thought to the prank war?" she inquired.

"Of course. My roommates and I would gladly join you." I replied.

Cora grinned, walked over to one of the seventh year Slytherins, and whispered in his ear. He returned her mischievous smile and gave me a thumbs up.

Cora walked to the Great Hall with my dorm mates and me for dinner.

"Ten galleons that Alex and Noah are together by the end of the year." said Cora.

"Fifteen that they get together in six months." I replied.

"Twenty in three months." declared Gwen.

"Twenty five in a month" added Alice.

"Thirty in two weeks." said Brianna.

"Thirty five in a week." Rose voiced assuredly.

As we stepped into the great hall, Alex was standing off to the side of the Hufflepuff table talking to Noah. We turned to them just in time to see Noah bend down to kiss the shocked Slytherin.

"Pay up, girls." says Rose.