Chapter 1: Alexander Hamilton

"Maia!......MAIA!!! MAIA ANDROMEDA LUPIN!!"

My mum's voice shocks me awake. I let out some incoherent mumbling as I attempt to smother myself in my pillow.

"Maia..." a deep male voice whispers in my ear. "You're going to Hogwarts remember?"

"Mmmmmmmmm?" I groan, the words not really registering in my brain.

"There's also chocolate chip pancakes at the table." My dad knows me too well.

I shoot out of bed and run downstairs. I polish off an entire pancake before it sets in.

"I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS." I yell mid-bite, the realization like a slap.

My parents exchange looks and shake their heads simultaneously. I hear mum mumble that I inherited dad's addiction to chocolate while giving him an affectionate poke in the stomach. They're just like lovesick teenagers. Ew. I ignore them and hope that I don't end up like that one day. Too much sweetness will rot my teeth.

As soon as I finish my breakfast, I gulp down a glass of milk and thank my dad for the chocolate before rushing upstairs to get ready.

I run around my room, throwing random items into my trunk.

Thunk.

My broom that mum bought me when I was six.

Thunk.

My collection of books. Thank Merlin for extending charms for my trunk.

Thunk.

Yet another bar of chocolate from my box underneath the floorboards.

I grab the cage holding my owl and I'm about to also throw it in my trunk when I remember there's a living thing inside it. I apologize to my snowy owl, Maeve, before placing her cage off to the side. She lets out an indignant squawk and seems to roll her eyes as I hand her a treat as an apology gift. She takes it anyway without making eye contact.

A laugh echoes from down the hall and I turn to see Teddy leaning against the doorframe, laughing at my dismal packing job.

"Hey shortie," he says, patting me on the head.

"I'm not THAT short. I'm almost as tall as mum."

"That's not saying a lot. Though maybe you'll grow to be taller."

"No chance of that," I say, "Grandma is super short. She's a good three inches shorter than mum."

"Point taken."

After everything is all packed up, Teddy levitates my trunk down the stairs while I carry Maeve. Then, dad places his arm around mum's waist and Teddy wrapped his arm around my shoulder and with a "POP" we apparated to Kings Cross Station.