Chapter Two

~Longest Night Ever~

Y/n

"Step right up! Sign in to find out your assigned Cabin number", a voice booms around the campground.

I try texting Dinah while I wait in the check-in line in an attempt to find where she is, but when I don't get a reply I figure her phone is probably dead.

"Next," a woman's voice calls out to me.

I give her a slight grin and step up to the wooden desk. I start to feel a bit anxious considering the circumstance. The fact that I have no Idea where my best friend doesn't really help either. My fingers toy with the straps of my bookbag aimlessly while the woman tosses through a stack of papers.

"Name?"

"uh, Y/n Y/l/n."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms.Y/l/n! Looks like you will be bunking in cabin 727! Go straight through the tent behind me for your first assignment", she smiles warmly.

"Assignment?"

She doesn't answer, instead, her smile turns more into a smirk and she resumes looking through a stack of papers on her desk.

"O...k," I mutter to myself as I make my way into the tent.

My senses are shocked when I enter the new environment. I find myself caught in thick darkness. The darkness is more than intimidating and my breathing quickens along with the fast pace of my beating heart. Everything around me is silent for a moment before I feel my bag being ripped off my shoulders roughly. I turn to try and break free of the offender when bright lights cut on. Three men stand in every corner of the triangular tent, all dressed in military uniforms and vests. 

One man stands in front of me and shoves a vest onto my chest.

"The fuck is going on here?!"

"PREPARE YOURSELF FOR WAR SOLDIER! "

I don't move an inch or even make an attempt to grab the vest from his hands, instead, I look him square in the eye like he has lost every inch of his sanity.

The next the I know is one of the men from behind me hold my arms while another places the vest over my head and onto my body.

"ONE SHOT AND YOU'RE OUT! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF! THIS PAINTBALL GUN RIGHT HERE IS YOUR WEAPON! NO HEADSHOTS ARE ALLOWED BODY SHOTS ONLY!  ANY REMAINING QUESTIONS?"

"Just one. Are you done, because you're spitting mad grits on my neck right now", I say seriously.

He stays silent before forcing the gun into my hands and grabbing me by my collar and throwing me into the battlefield.

"And that's why ya mom is a bitch!" I yell at the tent.

I let out an exasperated breath of air before peering down at the paintball gun in my hands.

This is the last thing I expected to be doing tonight...

I look to my left but when I look to my right I'm completely knocked over by a girl running directly into me. We stumble and she ends up falling on top of me. The wind is knocked out of my lungs, but not because of the impact of my fall. I look up at the girl above me and she clearly is winded and out of sorts. Her lips are parted as she breathes heavily, her hair scattered about, some stray pieces sticking to her forehead. I'm, not one for cliches but I must admit that she is gorgeous, beautiful even. I realize I've been staring too long when she scrambles off of me, reaching for her gun and aiming it at me.

I raise my hands in surrender, letting my gun fall.

"Wait! Don't shoot! From the looks of it, there are a lot of people here, let's face it neither of us is going to win alone. Lets team up", I suggest desperately.

"Why should I trust you?"

"Why shouldn't you trust me?"

She takes a moment, considering my offer before lowering her weapon and kicking mine towards me.

She extends her hand, helping me to my feet.

"I'm Camila", she smiles.

"I'm Y/n but for the sake of this game, let's call me something cooler like king killer."

She raises an eyebrow at me before chuckling slightly.

"Yeah, I'm not calling you that," she laughs.

"I had a feeling you wouldn't," I laugh.

Just then I see a familiar face running towards Camila and I. It's definitely Dinah, but she looks like she just got out of a 10-year long war. She had some sort of black lines painted onto her skin and her clothing was partially ripped and her skin was scattered with dirt. My eyes widened as Camila was quick to point her gun at Dinah

"Shes with us!"

Camila looked between my best friend and me, questions rolling through her mind visibly.

"No shes with me", this time Camila actually shot the shorter girl who ran behind Dinah.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA bish you dead", Dinah laughed.

"If you don't shut the fuck up we're all gonna be dead", I whisper yell.

Dinah pouts and Normani snickers.

"Okay so we need a game plan, we are literally out in the open right now," Camila speaks up.

"She's right... What if we hide behind the cabins?"

"Nah, there is like a billion people back there. I barely escaped with my life," Dinah says.

"Okay, so what if we stayed here," I suggest.

"And wait for people to have our necks?!"

"No smart ass we can build like a barracks," I explain.

"Okay great idea Einstein but who is going to risk their ass to go get anything to protect ourselves?! I don't know about y'all but I'm not just running around in the open even if y'all cover me! This isn't a game this is war-"

"Bitch, this is too a fucking game its paintball!!"

"THIS IS A WAR"

"A GAME"

"A WAR"

"A GAME"

"A WAR"

"A GA-"

"-Does anyone know if this camp has a lake?" Normani chimes in.

"Oh my God. GUYS! Please focus, I don't think we should stay here I really think we should go...like right now," Camila says anxiously.

"What, what are you talking about-"

I'm cut off when I see a girl stumbling off to behind the Cabins. She has dark raven hair and pale skin, somewhat resembling a really sexy vampire. Her eyes are red and I can tell that from as far back as I'm standing; Although I don't think she's been crying.

She is dragging her gun in the dirt and fumbling over her own two feet, but steadily giggling away.

"Forget the game, let's go rogue",  Camila whisper yells.

"I don't understand why-"

"-She's my ex-girlfriend! I didn't know she was gonna b here either so if we could-"

"Yeah, let's go to my Cabin. 727 I think", I say quickly.

"You're in 727," Camila furrows her eyebrows.

"Yup," I reply as I grab her hand, taking her with me as I look for my cabin.

"I'm in 727 too!"

"In that case, it looks like all of us are roommates," Dinah says which makes me freeze in my tracks.

"Oh God no," I whimper.

Normani and Dinah just smile at each other and I feel my stomach turn.

"Do I wanna know", Camila asks hesitantly.

"You really don't," I cringe and continue the search for our cabin...

RANDOM UPDATE CUZ I LOVE THIS BOOK!! COMMENT IF U WANT MOREEEE