Chapter twentyfour

Two months passed and the human population had gone down even more. Zombies were taking over and while my group was fighting for there lives. Zombies were harder to kill and most were now in group of hundreds maybe more, but only thing was if you stayed in one place for too long you would and you will be over run with zombies. 

We reached the county with nothing but open space. we walked across many acers of dirt and grass that was till we reached the end, "you think we can make it?" Alex whispered as the cool wind blew against us "who knows i mean there nothing but open space no place to hide if we get over run," the trees were at a stand still the sky was a light blue with no clouds in sight. a acer of green soft grass was ahead of us along with a hoard of zombies waiting for there food. the open space was bad, but we had to cross it we had to go to Washington, " the hills farther out! we can cimlb them and go over instead of fighting!" Jake laughed as one of the zombies look at us, "lets hurry seems like there getting to notice us" i mumbled. 

we walked back to the road as the sun slowly rose behind us. the road was empty with no cars also there were no houses near by for us to stop in. the open space held many problems and along with the zombies we may not have a way out only through the hills...yes that was the only way out. 

A single house that looked burn down was the only one we had passes along this empty road. a field of corn was on our left and to our right were the hills we were trying to reach. We walked across the lands trying to stay quite and keep away from the zombies going around them getting closer to the hills we needed to cross. 

Jake kept Alexis and me closer letting Danny, Alex, and Zack follow behind us. Zack tried keeping me by his side but Alex always ended up in his way. The rate we moved it would take us about hour to reach the hills maybe more if any of these zombies around us heard or smelled us. Crossing over the hills would lead us or get us closer to where we needed to be. Then again now that the world was closer to ending and the human population was almost gone there may not even be safe zone...we may just be risking our lives to fine at the end that one place where we may be safe is burned or fully over run with zombies. Then again we have nothing else left to lose. 

We slowly passed the hord of zombies making sure not to bump into one of them. The guys made a circle around us making sure that none of them hurt Alexis or me. Somehow at the end we made it still keeping us close we stopping at the bottom of the hill. 

"Think there more of them over it?" Zack asked as he hugged me, "who knows...we have to try though." Jake said picking up the bags and started making his way up. Zack looked at me and smiled, "We'll make it," he whispered as he hugged me, but that promise didn't help it seem to me the closer we got the more those things tried to stop us. 

"Zack, Alex cover me from the side those things are ever where! Katherine cover us from the back Danny help her, Alexis help Kat if  too!" Jake shouted as he started running up hill along withthw others. As soon as the first shot was fires millions of zombies came from everywhere. I grabbed my gun and axe and killed the ones behind us smashing there head ripping back out my axe, "Kat!" Jake waved at us as we had made it half way up. I ducked as one of the zombies reached there arms out for me. I spun around and kicked it in the chest sending it flying down the hill, "Ah!!" Alexis voice cried. I looked around for her but couldn't see her. "Alexis!!!" I screamed as i searched for her. The more the guns went off the more zombies came. I looked around and notice the group was no longer together, "Katherine!!!" Zack's voice shouted but i couldn't see him. I scrambled to the side as more zombies reached out for me, "Help me!" I jumped at the sound of Alexis voice. "Zack!!!" I cried as i fell backwards tumbling half way down the hill. I picked myself up and ran ducking and crawling pass zombies and little kid zombies. 

I rose my gun holding it in front of me shooting the zombies that came at me, "Jake, Katherine, Alex!" It was Danny's voice i spun around i could see him but I hand to keep moving. I looked back as i heard three gun shots go off. Then i headed back into the woods.