Chapter sixteen

Safe was danger if you fell for it you would be killed by those flesh eating zombies, but if you were ready to face it maybe you could get out alive. It somehow seemed the same the night sky the moon shining its light on you. Above our heads, the leaves rustled softly and the moon light splattered down through the branches, gleaming here and there at the whim of wind all seem normal. Then a zombie comes crawling out of the darkness reaching out its hand the hunger in its eye for our blood. Sniffing us out, “Jake, shoot it,” Christi said as she backed up making its hand fall on the ground, “Waste of ammo just keep moving,” Zack said pulling me along the empty street. We ran away from it making it around the next block.

We walked past many houses some with people alive and some just filled with death, but as the same time we couldn’t stop to see if they were okay. They could have just been bit and fighting of the infection, “Jake where are we going?” “Somewhere safe, “I thought that was Washington?” I inquired, “Yes, but we need a car Kat we can’t walk all the way. And plus we should be reaching Utah soon,” Jake starting walk to a house so we could for the night, “Kat take the back I’ll take the front,” Zack said as he went off.

Walking to the back I heard a crashing sound like glass breaking. Slowly opening the doorknob the door cracked open, revealing a small c rack. I could see though it, so I took a peek inside. All I could do was scream in horror by the view. It was hell’s kitchen blood splattered everywhere I could see a mother and a daughter holding hands surrounded by zombies. They were tearing them apart. Eating them, throwing out all the unneeded flesh and bones with the hands. Red pupils surrounded with back. Sickening pale gray or blue skin their eyes filled with hunger the blood…there was so much? My screams… Why couldn’t I keep quite I’ve seen this before all of it, but this once…the mother and daughter. The zombies started my way the obviously heard me. Quickly slammed the door shut and ran as fast as my legs could move away from this house, Away from the bodies, “Jake!” I screamed as teas ruined my vision.

"Jake, Zack!” The moans and screams followed me as made my way away from this hell it was even worse. The family’s father one of them was holding his head as it fed off of it, “Zack!” I couldn’t move the sight was too much it was more than I could handle. The family died together the mother the daughter holding hands as their motionless bodies being fed off of, “Please help!” It was like a dream I couldn’t escape a dream made just for me. It was the sight I couldn’t shoot I was scared stiff. I wanted to cry and scream. Panicking searching for a way out children surrounded me there little hands reaching for me, “ZACK!” I couldn’t shoot them. To me they were still kids smiling playing, but to others demons and zombies, “Please don’t make me,” I whispered to myself backing up, “NO!” I cried as one of them came running up to me I pushed it back, “SOMEONE PLEASE!” I shouted.

I ran away but they came more and more. I was so terrified that I could feel my heart beating within the cage of my ribs. I ducked as one of them charged at me, “Where are you guys,” I asked myself wondering where Zack and the others could be. “Dam it!” I cried as more of them came. If only I could shot them if only I could kill them just like the others could I would make it back. Moving back they surrounded me in a corner with no way out no way to run, “God please,” I pleaded as they came crawling reaching pulling on me. Was it a dream? Backing up I couldn’t find them it was as if they forgotten me. Then just as soon a young man came running out of the shadows, “Move!” He shouted running fast slicing their heads off landing on one knee as if he was proposing holding his katana. As he got up he walked over to me.

For some strange reason he looked like Zack the way his hair hung in his face covering one eye and the was his eyes looked one thing was they were a green blue color and his hair was dark brown, “Are you okay?” He questioned me, “Yes. Thank you for saving me,” I replied as he walked away, “Are you coming?” he said stopping waiting for me, “I have to go back,” “Are you taking about Jake and the others?” I looked at him, “You know…” He stopped me, “I saved them they told me to come looking for you. Now unless you want to get eaten I suggest you come before those things come closer,” He smiled at me as he grabbed my arm pulling me along with him into a house, “By the way I’m Alex,”