Chapter five

We all stood in the back of the house seeing as the zombies slowly came up from a hill making their way to us, "Sean what now i asked?" He looked at me and then grabbed my hand and handed me his gun, "Shoot them i think i saw a place back inside with guns," He said as he took off, "Sean, wait!" i shouted but it was too late he was already gone, "Zack?" "Just shoot Katherine this is all we can do till we run out of bullets," I looked at him but he was right in a way this all we could do.

I stood there waiting for them to come closer till Zack started shooting, but he didn't know that those bullets he was shooting weren't even hitting the zombies, "Katherine, next to you!" Zack shouted as i turned around pointing the gun at the zombies head and shooting it, "Nice," Zack said as i gave him a little smile, "Shut up and keep shooting ill take this side," i said as i took off running to the other side. Before long i had put up my gun and was using my axe trying to save my ammo, but the only thing was the axe took more time to kill them, "Katherine!" Kelly shouted from her window as i saw Sean grabber her. What was he doing? I couldn't stop now to go see, "Katherine, back of you!" I heard Zack yell as i spun around hitting it in the end then hitting the one in front of me, "Nothing like an early battle to get your blood flowing!" Zack joked as he stabbed his knife in a walkers eye.

"Zack i hope you know your jokes are not really that funny right now!" i yelled at him as i hit three more zombies in the head, "I know, but Katherine if i were you i run and duck right about now!" I didn't bother looking back i just did as what Zack said. Once i got up i saw what he mean as i dropped the axe and pulled out my gun, "Zack!" I yelled at him as he started to get overrun, "Hang on!" I cried out as i shot the last zombie. As i started to run to Zack i kicked the zombies back as Zack started shooting out of nowhere, "Trying to kill me already?" i asked as i gave him a half smile, "sure why not," He said in a playful voice. I started to grow weak of fighting and keeping up with all of the zombies, but i couldn't stop not yet. I ran faster jumping up in the air letting it guide me as i smashed a zombies head in, "Not bad for girl yow know!" I heard Zack say but didn't say anything back.

I stopped for a second till a zombie came from behind me knocking me on my back, "Zack!" i cried out as it tried to bit me, but for some reason this one was different than the other more stronger and faster, "NO!" I shouted as i watched it trying to bit my arm. I tried holding to off with on hand so i could reach for my gun but i couldn't. "Katherine!" It was Sean coming with the baseball bat from behind me hitting the zombie in the head, "thank you," i said slowly as i watched him go help Zack. They had killed the last five zombies. I stood there and looked around at all the zombies we had killed and at all the mess we made, "How did they find us?" I said asking myself in a low voice. As i walked back i felt the wind rush though out my hair making it blow to the right taking out some of the grass that got stuck in there.

It was quite for now till we went out to the front of the house, "Y...You guy what are those?" I said holding onto Sean's arm, "They...look...like...dogs," Sean said as he pulled me to the back of him, "Sean don't you think it's time we packed up and left?' I asked softly as they shut the door. Sean ran up and got Kelly and handed her to me. So now animal were turning into zombie oh how much fun this should be! Soon there would be birds and cat attacking us great just what we needed.

I stood next to Zack as Kelly came down from her room next to me she knew what was going on, but yet she always had a smile on her face, "Katherine!" I heard Sean yelling as he ran up to me, "follow me," he said slowly as he grabbed my hand, "Sean, wait...what about Zack?" i asked as i looked back at him. Sean pulled me to the back yard as he stopped in front of a pile of zombies, "i need you to get under them the dogs won't scent you out if you hide i already took care of Kelly..." he stopped i could tell he was worried, "Sean, please don't worry your doing your best to help me and I'm thankful for that," I said as held his hand, "Sean? " i said slowly as he started to walk away, "Be careful," I said as i got under the zombies we shot.

"Zack go to the back and make sure they don't get to Kelly and Katherine!" i heard Sean shout, "Zack!" I shouted as he turned around to me with his blues looking down into mine, "Zack go help Sean i got this okay please Zack do it for me!" i cried out as i jumped up and took his place, "Katherine don't go back i don't need you to get hurt!" I heard Zack shout at me as thunder roared through out the sky, "Zack no!" I shouted as he came closer to me, "Katherine, go back now!" "NO! Zack i won't let you die for me..." I said slowly as he let go of my arms. I looked up at him as rain started to come down, but as it did he came closer to me i could feel him breathing on my lips. I looked at him seeing the way his hair hung in face how his eyes were full of passion and love, but i thought it was just me. He slowly put his hand on my cheek making me feel weak, "Z...." I couldn't get his name out i felt as if i lost my words. I could see him coming closer and closer till the unthinkable happen, "ZACK NO!" I pulled out my gun as a dog attacked him barking, blood drooling on him, "ZACK!" I cried as i shout my gun at the dog making the blood splatter all over him.

I stood there letting the rain fall on me making my hair cling o my face letting the blood wash off of me, but it wasn't that it wasn't that, that made me frozen, "Z...Zack," I said as i fell to the ground he wasn't moving i thought i shot him but the dog wouldn't be dead if i shot him. Then what was it was he in shock by the attack or was it the sound of my gun making him go in shock, "Sean," I said in a whimpered, "Sean!" I shouted as he came running to the back helping me up and then checking on Zack. It was my fault if i just did what Sean told me to if i had just listen he wouldn't be like this... i let him die just like i did with my family. I stood there looking down at my shoes all Sean said was that he hit his head i just hopped he was right. To me it seemed as if nothing could fix the world i once knew or even save it no nothing could. Maybe was wrong maybe this was god's plan to start a new world to a brand new start or maybe it wasn't maybe it wasn't his plan at all. The city's we went to were now burning down the ground the roads filled with zombies or abandon cars my school the one i once knew was now ash. Nothing could save us

This world was all knew the place i used to go was now filled with the dead or blood splatter everywhere. This was my world where i had run and fight and make sure i got out alive this world was the one thing i never dreamed of, but I'm in it now fighting and trying to stay alive. Those things almost took what i loved and i wouldn't let it happen again not anytime around i would fight till the end and i wouldn't give up till every single zombie was dead. Yes, i lived in this world, and everyday that had passed i fought to keep the ones i loved safe and to also keep myself alive. We knew that when we were together that we were stronger. I lived in this world i lived for it every day.