Chapter three

It felt like hours as we drove but truth was it was only two hours. It was hard driving around with all these abandon cars left on the road but somehow we always found a way out. Kelly was asleep again i knew she was in pain seeing her own mother as a zombie. She wanted to see her one last time and she had to see her like that i would feel the same if i saw my bother like that or my mom.

We came to a stop just as soon as i fell asleep, "Katherine, Get your gun and reload it were going have to walk from here," When i fished reloading my gun Sean came to the back and got Kelly carrying her while i watched out for any zombies walking to us, "Sean were going to need more ammo soon," "I know there should be a shop up here somewhere my dad used to drag me along with him before all this happen," I looked at him somehow within these days we been out here Sean has gone more and more hateful for the zombies i just didn't know why they all took our family, but why did he looked at them as if they were a toy to him shooting them somehow his face change it showed as if he were having fun doing it.

"Sean?" "What!" He shouted i looked at him and then stopped i couldn't keep going with him he was taking his anger out on Kelly and me. i slowly turned around making sure he didn't hear me, but i should of known he would he always knew, "Katherine, wait!" I heard him call out i started to run but i could hear him right behind me, "Katherine!" i kept running he wasn't the only one who lost someone for all i know i could of lost my whole freaking family and i wouldn't know! "Katherine, please stop!" i did stop and i got my gun and pointed it at him. I could feel the anger rising up in me all the pain i kept in all this time.

"Katherine wait please I’m sorry i didn't mean to yell at you," I looked at him, "You think you’re the only one who lost someone you love that you’re the only one who lost your family! Well news flash you’re not look at Kelly you heard her back there her mom was a zombie and she saw her don't you see everyone who is still alive has lost someone not just you Sean!" I cried out he looked at me, "wouldn't it be better just to end it all right now just to give up and put his bullet through my brain and die?"

"Katherine, please just calm down," he was reaching for my gun and i gave it to him. I finally broke down this world was making me crazy was making me lose hope that there wouldn't be an end to it, "Katherine?" I heard Kelly's voice as she came and hugged me her little arms wrapping around me, "I'm sorry Sean," I said letting my tears out letting all the pain out, "It's okay," He said as he came to me and held me as well, "We will get through this Katherine i will protect Kelly and you i swear i will," i looked at him and hugged him. They were the only ones i had left he was right this wouldn't be easy but there was one thing we both waned and that was to keep Kelly safe.

Once we reached the highway we knew we would have to put up a fight seeing it from far you saw millions of zombies walking through there we would have to move fast and stay low. As we started walking i got my axe out making sure not to wast anymore ammo and making sure to keep quite cause with one gunshot the zombie would be all over you. As we made it half way though a zombie stopped us, "Katherine, give me your axe," Sean whispered to me as i gave him my axe he stood up and hit the zombie in the head making blood splatter everywhere, "Sean i think we should start running," I said as Sean and I turned around to see a group of zombies running after us, "Kelly let’s go!" I picked her up and took off running with Sean, "Katherine!" Kelly cried out as one of the zombies got a hold of me,

"Sean get her and give me the axe!" i yelled but as Sean took her i kick the Zombie in the back of me making it fall backwards and then hitting the zombie in front of me, but i knew the axe wouldn't hold up for long. I reached in my waistband to get my gun out but as i did more and more zombies were coming to me. I started shooting left and right hitting them in the head and some just kicking them over the rail of the high way where they fell. Then i saw my chance to make a run for it and i did i ran fast trying to pass the zombies but some of them were to strong but i still got free, "Katherine!" I heard Sean and Kelly both yelling waving at me waiting for me while Sean shot some of the zombies from behind them, "Sean go we need to keep moving!" I said as i watched him grab Kelly and run.

There was no way out of this one Sean, Kelly, and me were running for our lives as a group of zombies came after us worse thing was we had no weapons anymore only a axe and a baseball bat to keep us alive but that wouldn't help this time, "Sean we can’t keep running were going to have to find a way out of this!" I shouted as we looked around for a place to stop at a place high where they couldn't get to us. We saw stores and houses but not ones that could keep us safe. As we kept running the more of the zombies we lost then it came down to only about 5 of them following us, "Sean i'm going to need your help," He nodded his head as he handed me my axe and took the baseball bat.

As we fought them i kept an eye on Kelly making sure none of them got to her, "Katherine, behind you!" I heard Sean yell as i spun around hitting it in the arm then the head making blood splatter all over me, "Oh come one!" i cried out as Sean chuckled, "Katherine come one you can worry about your clothing later!" I heard Sean call out as he went to go get Kelly. We found a two story house that we boarded up just for the night so Kelly could rest and so i take a shower and maybe find new clothing, "Katherine, do you think my mom is in a better place now?" Kelly asked me as i held her while she laid in bed, "Yes, and I'm also sure she is watching over you right now," she looked up at me as her eyes showed the pain, "Katherine i miss her so much! i want her back! Why did this happen i want my mom with me Katherine! i want her back!" I could feel her tears drying onto my shirt, "Kelly you have to understand none of us knew this would happen," "Shut up! You don't know what it like is to lose your mom!" i froze in shock, "Kelly!" Sean came from the doorway "You don't ever say that again do you understand me!" she pushed him out of the way and went to the other room and slammed the door shut.

“Katherine, are you okay?" Sean said as he sat next to me, "You know she is right Sean i mean i could only feel her pain if i went through what she did, but i haven’t," "Katherine it's not your fault she’s upset and she will have to get over it soon. Like you said we all lost someone since this happen not just her," i looked at him as he gave me hug he was right but i still wish i could of done something to help her, "You couldn't do anything Katherine," A smile appeared on my face he always knew what i was thinking. We sat there for hours holding each other, but i soon fell asleep.

"Sissy!" I heard my brother crying as the zombies blocked our only way out, "Hang on okay!" I cried out trying to make sure none of them got to him, "Sissy!" His voice cried out as i turned around seeing them bent over eating him his little hand reaching out for me, "Chris!" i ran to him but none of the zombies bit me "S...Sissy..." his little voice was vanishing, "NO GET OFF OF HIM!" i pushed them away kicking them trying to reach for him but it was too late.

"Katherine!" i heard my name in the distance, "Katherine, wake up!" i woke up from my nightmare seeing Sean holding me, "Katherine, are you okay?" The nightmare replayed in my mind, "Sean i couldn't save my brother i couldn't i let them kill him i let them take him away from me, " "Katherine, you didn't it was a nightmare your okay everything okay," He said trying to make me feel better but it wouldn't my nightmare was real Chris could be gone. The tears wouldn't stop coming out of my eyes i couldn't shake off the feeling of the dream being real or was about to become real.

I couldn't fall back asleep after that i couldn't get the image of my little brother dying, but somehow i still hope still had that wish that he was alive. I sat on the bed taking watch making sure no zombies came into the house or if they did to go get Kelly and take off. I was always thinking about that every little hope i had left but somehow it was fading away, "Sean, Katherine!" I heard Kelly voices crying out i got up and ran to her room looking back as i shut the door i saw why she was screaming, "Kelly calm down!" i tried picking her but she wouldn't move, "Kelly!!" I screamed out she stopped and looked at me, "I need you to calm down, now come on we need to go with Sean," I picked her up and ran to the other room right when we got out i called for Sean, "Sean get her!" I cried out as one of the zombies grabbed me, "SEAN!" i yelled louder as i saw him trip out of the room, "Katherine! NO i won't leave you!" "Kelly get inside don't open the door unless you hear my voice!" "Sean, don't! go now!" I said as i got my axe out hitting the zombie in the head making the blood splatter all over the wall and floor, "Sean go!"

I watched him close the door hearing it lock as i got up and got ready. It seemed to be as if the house was overrun with zombies, but as i started coming after them the more i almost got caught. As i fought i could feel the blood of the zombies getting all over me but it didn't stop me, but as i got down the stairs case the more i had trouble with fighting them. As i reached for the one in front of me one of the zombies from behind grabbed my axe and tossed it to the bottom floor, "Sean!" i called out as i tried to hold off the zombie, "SEAN!" I cried out slipping down the stairs i knew once i fell there wouldn't be any way to get out.