ChapterTwentyone

By the time we came back and joined with the crowd most of the people had been killed or went their own way. Most kept running still as zombies followed us some came out of the woods, but most were the people that were left in the town and now they were coming after us. It wasn't soon that we got split up again, "Christi?" I said looking around for her, "Kat, help me!" I heard her voice but I couldn't fine her, "Kat!" Zack's voice sounded close, but I had gotten carried away again as a tall man pushed me to the ground, "Move out the way!" He shouted at me as I tried getting up, but people kept stepping on me, "Kat!" Christi I saw her on the ground to covering her head, "Help me!" She cried out as I looked up at her before we both got kicked. I felt myself curl up in ball as more people ran over us, "help!" I cried out as I felt someone step on my head. Christi kept crying too I needed to get to her.

"Katherine! Christi!" Alex called out, but I could only cry as more of them came. I didn't know how many were left or even how many people were truly left alive, 'Hey get off of her!" I felt arms wrap around my waste as I got picked up, "Wait...Christi she's...hurt," I held my stomach as a sharp pain rose on the side, "Kat calm down okay," I tried opening my eyes but then pain was too much for me to even move anymore, "Jake has Christi I just need you to calm down," I rested my head on his shoulder trying to forget about the pain, "Kat I need you to hang on to me okay, there's a lot of people and I don't need you falling," He said while he put my arms around his neck, "Okay," I sighed as another pain rose up inside me.

By the time I woke up I heard voices I heard Jake's voice he was talking to someone, but I still couldn't move to see who it really was. I was still in pain by the kicks and people stepping on my head I was surprised I didn't get killed with all those people running over me for all I know... Then I remember, "Christi," I sighed out as I opened my eyes holding onto the tree while getting up, "Kat?" I felt arms warp around me as I held onto the tree, "You need to rest," He sat me back down making sure I didn't get back up, "Where's Christi?" I mumbled as I opened my eyes looking at Alex, "She's resting just like you should be Kat," he walked away and back with his jacket and put it over me, 'Get some sleep you're going to need it," He smiled and went back to Jake. I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

"Kat," I opened my eyes to the sound of my name being called, "Kat come on it's time to wake up," hands were wrapped around my arms shaking me, "I'm up," I pulled myself together and stood up looking at Alex, "Come on we have to go," Alex pulled me back to the others while Jake helped Christi stand up, "She's hurt I don't know if she can make it," Jake said looking worried, "Same with Kat, but we have to try guys," Alex carried me while Jake grabbed the bags and handed them to Zack, "Ready Christi. I need you to hand onto me okay," Jake said kissing her head. She nodded her head as he picked her up, but I couldn't help and smile at them two.

Alex put me on his back and held me close to him, "Hang on okay," I nodded my head and closed my eyes. How he held me kind of reminded me of a movie I use to like I just can't remember the name...oh yeah Twilight. I smiled at the thought of Alex looking like that guy how mad he would if he knew what I was thinking. I giggled, "What's wrong"? Alex said looking at me, "Nothing," I put my head on his shoulder, "Guys you better hurry up a group of zombies heading our way!" Zack shouted running ahead of us, "Come on!" Zack shouted at us, "Hang on okay," Alex held me tighter as he started running up another hill. As I looked back Zack was right there was a group, but not to many, just one maybe two or three. The wind softly blew around us as the sun started to shine through the cracks of branches on the tress sending down the light on us, "Run!" Jake shouted as some of them came from out the side of the tress, "Go Zack!" Alex shouted as he ducked a zombie reaching for him, "Alex I can run," I said slowly, "NO! I'm carrying you now shut up!" he shouted at me grabbing a hold of a gun, "Kat I need you to shoot them okay," He said handing it to me, "Okay," I said while nodding my head. As I held it I shot a few zombies that were close to us, "Keep going Kat," Alex said while I shot a zombie in front of us, "Over here!" Zack yelled running for the road, "Jake, go!" Alex shouted taking me off his back, "Kat go," I looked at him, "GO!" He screamed at me making me tumble back, "But, Alex I... "I said go!" I looked at him, "No," I got up and stood next to him taking out my katana, "KAT GO!" I shook my head, "Dam it Kat, why can't you listen to any one!" He shouted while he smiled and picked me back up running back with the others, "Guys hurry up!" Christi cried as the zombies ran behind us.