Chapter TwentyEight

"Alexis, are you okay?" I said as she sat there with a blank expression on her face. She looked up at me and rolled her eyes just look pass the city down below pass all the hell as if she was lost in her own little world, "Katherine, look," Seth pointed up at the sky. In the night sky you could see what looked liked a helicopter flying towards us, "Kat!" Alexis screamed waving her arms in the air as she stood up running towards it, "Shoot your gun," I mumble to Seth who was still shocked at what was in front of us, "Seth dam it!" Alexis screamed as she reached for his hand taking the gun away. "Two shots," I said to myself that was the sign someone was in danger or hurt. Alexis rose the gun in the air and fired two shots.

    That's when they put a search light right on us shining brightly down as if the gates of heaven were opening, "Kat, Kat they see us!" Alexis screamed of joy running more and more towards them...was this really happening, "Katherine?" Seth placed his hand on my back, "Come on," He smiled at me, but I could hardly believe it...what was happening...were we being saved? I started to question myself and then it hit me, "Zack," I whispered as a bright flash shown in my eyes. I had hoped this would happen some day that we would be saved, but not everyone made it...our whole group fell apart and even before...this wasn't I had wanted not what I had planed in my head all these months, but it close was close enough.

     "Are any of you bitten!" A man shouted at us as he held a small flash light shining it in our eyes, "They seem fine," One said as he jumped off. Was this really the end for us? Were we safe...what was even left if the world, "Come with me," One man said as he started pushing me towards the helicopter, "Is there anyone else near by?" The man yelled as the sound of wind blew all around us, "No sir," I lied not wanting to tell them about the safe zone a few miles back, "Were going to take you some where safe. There are other still alive," He yet again yelled looking at all of us. Nick who had a blank expression on his face stood there looking at them as if he were hoping to wake up anytime soon as if he wished this was all dream, "Kat!" Alexis ran and hugged me sometimes she acted all hard like nothing ever hurt her but then there's another side of her where she would smile and still act like a little girl, "Were safe now right!" She smiled with tears in her eyes, but one thing for sure we would never be safe nor would the world ever go back to the way it was.

   I looked at her and smiled the best I could, "Yes," I managed to say to her. I had only wished everyone else had made it just like we did, but everything happens for a reason and nothing ever goes as you wish, "Move it! We have walkers coming in hundreds!" One man shouted , "Hurry dam it!" Two other men yelled taking position and shooting down a few at a time, "Were ready!" They shouted as the two gun men jumped on still watching, "Take us up now!" The men yelled, but we didn't move, "Hurry dam it there getting closer!" Alexis gripped my arm looking out towards the zombies, "Are we going to make it?" She whispered close to my ear, "Yes," I said with out hesitation. With in the seconds before we became overrun they took off, "Were...were safe," Seth smiled as he looked out towards the ground. None of us could believe it... what just happen. It was as if someone was looking down on us...no that can't be it...can it?

   It had felt nice to be away from there, but what else would we have to deal with till we could actually just stop fighting for once. I knew the world would never be the same again and if it was it wouldn't happen for years and years. With all that has been taken from us what could we do to fix this world? These men picking us up and taking us to where they stayed I was sure that many walkers would be surrounding us by being drawn to the sound of the helicopter. All that I truly wanted though was that this place wouldn't be like the one back there.

   "Kat, are you okay?" Seth said looking at me, "Yeah just thinking," I said as I gave him a fake smile, "Good, oh yeah were almost there so be ready to jump off," He said as he pointed to a what looked like a normal building surrounded with walkers and also iron fences. I looked over at Alexis who was gripping onto Nick's shirt right beside her, "Alexis, are you okay?" I questioned her as she looked at me with a single tear in her eye, "This isn't real Kat, it can't be real," She mumbled as she looked back out, "Alexis?" I said again, but she didn't answer me back. I looked out and saw what those two had been looking at for these few seconds. It was like a dream, all those walkers down there...there were so many and even so more and more kept coming from over the hills and behind other burnt down buildings. They were drawn to the sound of the helicopter's coming in and also to the sound of gun fire with in these fences.

   The helicopter flew in circles finding a place to land people were down there i could see them walking in and out of the building's, "Sir," One of the men who were flying this thing said, "Take us down," He said and just like that they did what he said. Alexis and i watched as we got closer to the ground , but as soon as we did people were surrounding us mumbling things i couldn't under stand, "Welcome to our home," One women said as we got off, "You all can stay as long as you want. Your free to leave anytime you want," The man next to me said, "Katherine," Alexis said as she grabbed my arm, "Are...er are we safe?" She said at last still looking at everybody, "I'm not sure, but for now i guess we are," I smiled at her, "Katherine!" Seth pulled em away from her and hugged me, "Thanks for getting Nick and I out of that hell," He said in my ear then let me go, "Your welcome," I said at last.

    This was our home for now...or at least till things died down, but lets be real that won't be for awhile. Even so this place looked normal, but so did the other one, "Alexis?" A man's voice ran out from the crowd, "Alexis!" As i looked over a older man was running towards her, "Dad?" She mumbled, "Dad!!!" She pushed a few people aside and ran to him, "Dad, I thought...you were gone," She cried, "Danny? Where's your brother?" He had questioned her, but i could tell she was ready to break down again, "He died saving these two girl," Nick said as he had finally came off the helicopter, "Alexis?" Her father walked her away from us to talk, "Welcome to our little home," Another man said to us and smiled, "Thank you," I smiled, "I'll take you to your rooms," The man next to me spoke again, "Were going to stay here," Nick said for him and Seth, "Sure thing. Miss?" He said looking at me, "Oh, okay," I said fast, "Follow me," He said standing straight.

    We walked into the main building. More people were inside sitting around kids playing board games and family's  laughing, "This is where most of them spend there time," He smiled slightly, "It's nice," I whispered. We kept walking then we reached a hall with room numbers on them, "Your room number is 89. Breakfast is at 7:00-8:30 a.m. and dinner is at 7:00 p.m. so please try not to be late. We also do the best we can for hot water and food so sorry if it's not at it's best," He said still not looking at me, "It's better than what i've had deal with," I said looking around, "Here," He said handing me a key to the door, "We'll see you soon," He waved at me and kept walking.

    I opened the door to find the room pretty big and nicely kept. I took off my back-pack and my waistband putting them in the dresser. The bed was nicely made and also were a pair of pants and a black tank-top nicely laid on the edge of the bed.I smiled and threw myself on it, "Safe," Was the word that kept running threw my head. Thought I didn't think this place would last forever. I mean yeah it might, but even for now it felt nice. I closed my eyes for once letting down my guard and relaxed soon finding myself falling into a deep, deep sleep...this was our home for now it was the closes thing to home, but it also felt like home.

   It was nice for once just to be relaxed other than sleeping with one eye open. I was also happy that Alexis had some family left...even so i hoped to find someone here that was my family...If only they had made it i bet my brother would be happy and so could my mother, but i know there some where better. So is everyone else, but i guess my biggest job...our biggest job it to get this world back to the way it was before. No, get the earth to start over kill all these walkers, rebuild human kind, and start fresh with small towns then maybe grow from there. I think that was everyone's plan, but getting these things killed would be hard, but nothing was impossible from here. I laid there with my eye's closed with thoughts running in my mind...I did make it and so did Alexis...but this isn't the end of our story...i'm sure there's more things to come, but for now...well was just to relax then maybe get back to what Alexis and I do best. What we do best is fighting...killing those dam things that brought our homes down. Those things that made our world there home...our world a living hell. Even with the little people we have I won't give up. I'll fight and will revenge my family and Zack. If I shall fail I will at least have tried, but even then I won't give up with out a fight.