Chapter 16

I was now sat on the couch lost in thought. The gang would always try and talk to me but I wouldn't say anything. I just couldn't get my mind off of my dream. I quickly thought of something to distract me and walked down to the basement and kicked Vylad out. I grabbed out the most semi business outfit I had and got changed. I grabbed my handbag and put my phone and purse into it. I ran back up yo the main floor and into the kitchen. I grabbed some leftover pizza and ate a few slices.

When I finished Aph walked into the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Aph asked.

"To work. I need to get my mind off of the dream I had last night." I answered.

Aph gave me a weird look and I smiled at her. I grabbed my keys from the bench and walked out to my car, my heels making their usual click-clack sound. I saw Zane watching me from his window and smiled at him with a small wave. I got in  my car and drove to work. I walked in and everyone stared at me. I heard a few whispers.

"Should she even be back yet?" One whispered.

"Is she even ready to come back?" Another whispered.

"Her ears and tail are black, she shouldn't be back yet." Another whispered.

Then Garte and Malissa walked out of Garte's office and I quickly walked over.

"What's new with the production?" I asked.

It was only then that they took notice that I'd come into work today.

"Lillith, go home, a week is no where near long enough." Malissa said.

"People deal with grief differently, Malissa." I replied. "So what's new?"

"We can't find anyone that fit's the main role." Malissa said. "The cast hasn't been working together cooperatively and its been really stressful since you left."

I nodded.

"Are you sure you're ready to come back, Lillith, you seem a little distracted." Garte said.

"Sorry, there's just a lot of things swimming around my mind. I'm a busy person now, I can't find time to relax anymore." I replied.

"Go home and relax, Lillith, you need it." Garte said.

"No! I'm not going home!" I snapped.

Garte and Malissa seemed shock by my sudden burst of irritation without my ears and tail changing colour. I took a deep breathe in and calmed myself down.

"Lillith, have you been getting enough sleep lately?" Malissa asked.

"I don't wanna talk about that right now, Malissa." I answered.

Malissa looked to Garte who grabbed his phone from his pocket and walked into his office. He made a phone call and walked back out.

"Listen, I'm perfectly fine, I've arranged for something outside of work, I don't need everyone worrying about me. I just....need to keep my cool." I said.

Malissa looked at Garte again and he nodded. Malissa sighed in relief as I looked at the two in confusion. Malissa just ignored my face and took me to the set. We got there and it was complete chaos!

"Alright! That's about enough of that, don't you all think?" I boomed.

They quickly cut it out and started paying attention. After about fifteen minutes the girl from the front desk rushed in.

"Miss Garnett, there's some people here to see you." She said.

"Alright, thanks Natalie." I replied.

Natalie left and I watched as a small group began to bicker, so I listened in.

"Do you guys know what's up with Lillith? Her ears and tail are black and don't even change when she's happy or proud of us." One of them whispered.

"Alright! Behave for Malissa while I'm gone!" I called.

I left for the front desk and saw Zane, Vylad, and Garroth.

"Yo, what do you three want?" I asked. "I'm kind of busy with work."

"You're distracting yourself from something, Lillith. Now let's get you home so you can tell us what it is." Zane answered.

I felt my ears go down in sadness.

"No. I've got work to do. I need to stay and do this." I said.

"Lillith, come on, let's go." Vylad replied.

"No! I don't need to go home you three! Now leave!" I snapped.

Zane sighed.

"We were hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but you leave me no choice, Lillith." Zane said.

The Zane grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Zane Ro'meave, put me down this instant!" I screeched.

Zane started walking out.

"Zane, put me the fuck down this instant. I have stuff I need to do." I said sternly.

I had no luck.

"My phone! I need to get my phone! And keys, they're on my desk!" I said, a slight hint of triumph in my voice.

"Natalie, can you get that for us?" Zane called.

"Y-Yes, Mr Ro'meave." Natalie said.

"Zane stop it, please...." I mumbled. "Stop it or else I won't go back to being the girl you prefer...."

There was silence as Natalie returned.

"Please, Zane...." I mumbled.

Natalie handed my stuff to Garroth and the boys continued walking out.

"At least let me drive my car." I huffed.

Zane put me down by my car and Garroth handed me my phone and keys. I unlocked the car and Zane got in the passenger seat whilst Garroth and Vylad walked to Garroth's car. I got in and started the car.

"What's going on, Lillith? What are you trying to keep you're mind off of?" Zane asked.

"I had a nightmare last night, similar to the ones I've been having all week." I answered.

"What do mean 'similar'? What was different this time?" Zane asked.

"There was a voice this time." I answered.

I started driving so that I didn't have to look at Zane.

"What normally happens in the nightmare?" Zane asked.

"First I see Liam hung in my room, then Sarah's body joins him on the ground bleeding out. This time a voice spoke, then my biological mother's gravestone joined the dead bodies. Then the voice spoke again, after that I woke up." I answered.