Chapter 7 • Bedtime stories about life.

"Why are you doing that?" Gene asked a little angrily.

"Because I'll have my brothers, sister, Katelyn, Zane, and you with me. I told him Emeralds not coming though." I answered calmly.

I tried to take Sarah off of Gene to put her away by Gene wouldn't let go.

"Gene, I need to put her in bed." I said.

"Why's she a werewolf?" Gene asked.

"Because I'm a werewolf and Ein's a werewolf and then the children have no choice but to be a werewolf. With me and Aph it's different, our dad was a werewolf and our mum's were human, when one parent is human and the other is werewolf they can only be one of the species. Aph was lucky and got human....." I said.

I sighed.

"Why Lillith? Why would you abandon you're daughter?" Gene asked.

"I didn't abandon her Gene! I gave her to my parents and visited her whenever I could! I went to highschool I went to College! All while calling daughter on the weekends, visiting her whenever I could! And I never want you to accuse me of abandoning my daughter! I know how it feels which is why I didn't choose to put her up for adoption!" I yelled.

Sarah started to stir.

"Give me my child Gene." I growled.

"You're not taking her to Ein." Gene growled.

"It's not you're choice, Gene! She's my daughter! *voice crack* If you don't like my decision then don't come!" I yelled.

Sarah woke up.

"Mummy? What's going on?" Sarah asked.

"Mummy's just angry at Gene sweetie. Guess what?" I said.

"What mumma?" Sarah asked.

"You get to meet your daddy! And Aunty Aphmau, Uncle Laurance, Uncle Aaron, Zane, and Katelyn are coming! And off Gene decides to stop being mean he gets to come too!" I said, smiling.

Sarah smiled and jumped to me. I took her upstairs to bed.

"Alright, time for bed sweetie." I said.

"Can you tell me a story?" Sarah asked.

"Yes, which one?" I asked.

"Can you tell me the one about the princess who loved a commoner?" Sarah asked.

I chuckled.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess who lived in a huge castle. The princess's parents lived her but the princess was very naughty. One day she snuck out of the castle to hang out with her friends. They came across some simple townsfolk sitting under a bridge." I said.

I looked up and saw Gene. I looked back at Sarah.

"The townsfolk asked many questions, but the princess only answered simply. The two groups joined. But one day the princess fell in love with the commoner boy but was injured. She healed and hung out with the boy again but was soon kidnapped, another boy came and saved her. He was rich but not royalty. The princess ran away to her royal friends. They help her choose which non-royal boy to marry. She chose the rich one, for the poor one was in love with another. They lived happily ever after." I said.

Sarah was fast asleep and I sighed. I looked up to see everyone gathered at the door.

"So you tell her about you're past, but as fairy tales?" Dante asked.

"It's the only way I can tell her when she's this young." I answered.

I got up and walked out and downstairs.