10. Take Responsibility

Chonglin closed the door behind him and made slow steps towards us.

Every step he took gave me a better view of the anger resonating on his face.

Unconsciously, I tighten my grip on Liwei's hand when Chonglin finally stood in front of us.

Liwei softly ran his thumb up and down my hand making me calm down a bit.

Lin-ge placed the food he bought on top of my table then turned back to look at us. "Roumei, I got Din Tai Fung. Forgot the drinks though so do you mind?" He said while glaring at Liwei. We didn't really need drinks. This was his polite way of telling Roumei to disappear while he assesses this situation.

Roumei awkwardly smiled noticing the tension in the room and headed out.

"Lin-ge, she might need help carrying all those drinks. We'll go help her." I hopelessly tried to get us an escape from Chen Chonglin's rathe.

Just when I was going to walk around him, he grabbed my other arm and pulled me to his side away from Liwei. "Don't test my patience Xiaofan."

I nodded disappointed.

"Sit. Both of you." He ordered.

Surprising, Liwei took a seat on my bed. I quickly took a seat next to him. When I sat down, Liwei immediately slipped his hand into mine once again.

His action warmed my heart.

However, when Lin-ge saw he looked like he wanted to rip Liwei's arm off and feed it to the pigs.

Lin-ge stood in front of us with his arms crossed exactly like he did last night.

He glanced towards me then to Liwei, over and over again before settling on Liwei.

"You. Who are you?" He glared.

"Jiang Liwei." He said blankly. I thought I would never meet anyone as expressionless as Lin-ge, but I think I just found a top contender.

"And how do you know my meimei"

"School?" He simply answered making Lin-ge's knuckles tighten.

"Now what was it you said you were? Her boyfriend?" He said through gritted teeth.

"En." He quickly answered without a hint of deceit, shame, or embarrassment. 

I could see Lin-ge's ears turn red from anger. Liwei was getting on Lin-ge's last nerve, he would burst at any moment.

"Lin-ge, he's just kidding. A joke. Just joking, haha." I awkwardly said trying to calm his anger.

It was the truth though. I knew now to definitely stay clear of Jiang Liwei. He's been nothing but trouble since the moment I met him.

"I don't joke," Liwei answered frowning at me.

I glanced at him confused, "It's not good to lie. Why do you keep lying? It's really not funny. We're obviously not dating. Can you not read the situation?" I nervously said. It was something about him. He had this dark aura that made me nervous and an icy cold personally that scared the living daylights out of me. He was cold as ice..but he oddly made me feel warm. There must be something seriously wrong with me. A fever perhaps?

"You're the one that doesn't understand the situation." He retorted back. I glare at him angrily and confused.

"Why don't you enlighten me, or should I say us," Lin-ge said noticing my confused state.

Liwei coughed a few times before he started talking, "You took advantage of me. Shouldn't you take responsibility?"

If he smirked I would've assumed he was being playful or teasing me, but he looked us right in on our eyes with that emotionless face of his showing complete seriousness.