5. Hi, I'm Busy

Everything came rushing in at once.

All the memories.

The first time we met at the blind group date.

The first time I made him laugh.

Our first date at the movies. You were so nervous that day. Fumbling with your words and slyly trying to put your arm around my shoulder.

Our first kiss at the bus stop before parting ways.

All the sweet memories made me smile and made me glad I could finally see you again right in front of me.

The you I fell in love with.

But then suddenly more memories flashed in front of my eyes.

You laughing with your friends about me being clingy.

Making me wait at the bus stop saying you'll be there soon when you were really passed out drunk with your college friends at karaoke.

Having and losing our baby and you falling into your work.

Promising to take me on a date once a month until the day we died.

The dates we took made me happy. You would smile, laugh and hold my hand. But after a few days the feeling would fade and you'd be stressed with work again.

We talked less and less. Some nights you didn't even come home but were too tired to explain why after awhile.

I endured it all because I thought you were worth it. Little did I know I really should have let you go sooner.

"Hello? Are you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" Feng's voice rang in my ears causing me to fall out of my daze.

I stood up abruptly avoiding eye contact, "I'm alright. Sorry about that." I said trying to move around him and run to Lianlian.

There was no way I could stay here and pretend everything was okay. I'm weak. I'm a fool. If I keep looking at his face any longer I'd fall for his sweet words and boyish smile again like I did 15 years ago.

I was almost able to side step him when I felt a hand around my wrist.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked concerned not letting go of my wrist.

I nodded my head and try to get out of his grasp only to have him tighten his grip.

Frustrated I finally looked up at him to tell him to let go.

I almost gasped when I saw his face. I know I already saw it a moment ago but seeing it up close, his face was even better than I remembered.

Much to my despair I foolish blushed and looked away.

I'm such a fool. I knew the outcome of our relationship and yet I still had lingering feelings.

I conjured up all my courage and looked up once again.

The concerned look was long gone and all that was left was a playful look.

"I'm fine. Please let go of my arm, I have somewhere to be." I stated blankly trying to not show any emotions.

This only caused him to chuckle. He released my wrist and I sighed in relief. However, I was surprised to find his hand was now holding mine.

"Wha-"

"I'm Feng, Jiu Feng." He introduces while shaking my hand up and down.

I gave him a confused look. What was actually wrong with him.