Chapter 9

Zeus POV

My wife's plan was simple: we pretend that Apollo and Hermes don't exist.

I quirked an eyebrow. "That's your big plan?"

"Please, it will drive them crazy if everyone pretends they're not there." Hera explained, rolling her eyes at me. After considering the plan for a while, I shrugged.

"Okay then, how will we tell the others about the plan?" I asked. This time, she shrugged.

"We'll just Iris message them." Hera replied.

"Alright. I'll IM the ones that sat on our side of the row and you IM the ones on Poseidon's side." I told her. She gave me a look.

"You're giving me that side because you don't want to IM our brother's, aren't you?" Hera asked me.

"What's your point?" I asked. She sighed.

"Nothing, Zeus. Just... go IM them." She waved her hand through the air, as if I'm a difficult person to deal with. Honestly, it's not like I'm trying to annoy her.

"By the way Zeus, I want you to contact Aphrodite." Hera commanded— I mean, said. I groaned a little. Aphrodite is not my favorite goddess to talk to because, whenever I do, we always get into the topic about my girlfriends. So, you can guess why I don't like talking to her.

The first immortal I messaged was my daughter, Hebe, the goddess of youth.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering." I said, tossing a coin into the fountain in my room made specifically for IMs. It's a bit degrading for me to talk to a lower goddess like this but I've learned that, if I didn't say the offering, Iris gets mad, like, almost as mad as Hera mad. She gets that mad. So, I quickly learned to suck up my pride and say it.

"Show me Hebe." I said. The image shimmered a little and I was suddenly looking into a pink room with toys scattered everywhere. Hebe sat on the floor, having a tea party with a baby doll, teddy bear and a Barbie.

"Okay, somebody is being a little too youthful." I thought. She picked up the Barbie doll and spoke in a high octave(which sounded suspiciously like Aphrodite).

"Mr. Whiskers, would you like some more hot chocolate?" Hebe asked as the Barbie doll. I cleared my throat.

"Er, Hebe? I hope I'm not interupting something." She turned around and smiled.

"Daddy!" Hebe squealed, jumping up. I'm pretty sure that if I had been in the room, I would've been crushed in a hug. So it's fortunate that I wasn't there because I am not the hugging type god.

"Your mom and I need some help with pulling a prank on your half-brothers," I explained, hoping that she was understanding. So far, she had this fascinated blank look. "Can you help?"

She hesitated before nodding.

"Great!" I said. "Here's the plan..."

After I had told her the plan(and she had eagerly said she couldn't wait until the game started) I said a quick good-bye and broke the connection. Right, one down and six to go.

I sighed.

This could take a while.

Hestia's POV

Today's game had went horribly.

I had thought that, since this was a family game, we'd all get along. Of course things didn't go that smoothly. As I had known, despite the fact I had refused to accept it, my family was just using the game to humiliate each other. I understand Hera's reasoning for the game but, I doubt this is what she had in mind. Then, there's my mom...