Chapter 25

Leto's POV

"We've got to find it!" King Apollo said. I snorted.

"No joke."

"If we don't, you'll be stuck here. Can you imagine what kind of problems that will cause?" King Apollo asked.

"Not really concerned about that." I muttered. "I just want to get home."

"Wait!" Apollo shouted. He stopped in the midst of his tracks and held up his arms in that grandiose way like he was about to tell a haiku. Please don't let it be a haiku... "I have, an idea!"

"An idea?" I asked. I was still hesitant though, considering this was Apollo.

"I got a Hecate. Maybe she can help you." King Apollo said. My eyes brightened.

"Your right, she could!" I said. "... Apollo, do you realize you just said something real smart?"

He grinned to himself. "I did."

"And do you feel satisfied?" I asked.

"Totally!"

"Let's go check on your Hecate then." I said, rolling my eyes slightly at my son-not-son's antics.

"Alright!" Apollo said, throwing up his arms. "Time to head out."

One of those rainbow poptarts landed next to us and he pushed me on. Then he jumped on after me. With a "Yip-yip," it took off into the sky.

Hecate's POV

"Hecate!" Someone shouted. I just about dropped the potion I was holding at the sudden intrusion. Victor flew inside and landed right next to me.

"You realize that if I had dropped this it would've obliterated this whole place." I said to him. He shrugged.

"Whatever. I need a portal." Victor said. I huffed.

"Why would I do that? I am busy right now." I said.

"Artemis sent me." Victor said. "Her mom hasn't returned as soon as she had hoped so she wants me to go and get her."

I quirked an eyebrow. "Why would lady Artemis send you?"

"Don't know." Victor said. "I'm kinda thinking she wants me to somehow get lost there."

Can't say I really blame her for doing that. I put down my bottle and sighed.

"Since I've opened the portal recently, I should be able to open it back up quickly and get back to my work." I said. Victor grinned and hugged me. I felt like turning him into a roach then stepping on him.

"You have no clue how much this means to me!" Victor said. His voice sounded sincere and he hugged me tighter. I began to feel suspicious.

"Is that so?" I asked. He pulled away and looked at me sheepishly.

"Yeah, I uh... can you keep a secret?" he asked. I nodded slowly. It wasn't an honest answer but it'd get me the information I wanted.

"I... kinda like Leto." Victor said. My eyebrow quirked.

"Like, like like." I asked.

"Yep."

"Alright then." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Then let's go!" Victor said, rocking on the balls of his feet. I walked over to where I opened the portal and concentrated. I manipulated the Mist to form together where a tear through reality was recently opened and re-sealed. I tore it open again, opening a portal to the dimension where I sent Leto.

"There you go." I said. Victor grinned.

"Excelle—"

"STOP!" A voice shouted. Wha— Zeus?!

"What are you doing?" I asked with indignation.

"Doesn't matter! Close the portal!" Zeus shouted. I didn't think to question the king— I ran to close the portal. Suddenly, a felt a foot lock into my gut and kick my back into the wall. I slumped to the floor, feeling myself black out.

Zeus' POV

Victor— or the impostor Victor —struck Hecate in the stomach with a powerful kick, sending her flying back into a wall. She was unconscious before she even hit the ground. Our Victor looked at the Impostor.

"I know copying is a form of admiration but I think you've taken it too far." Victor said casually. The Impostor grinned.

"Well, who wouldn't want to copy you?" The Impostor asked. Victor's grin mirrored the Impostor's— quite literally.

"True." Victor agreed. I scowled.

"Can we just get on with this?" I asked. I summoned a lightning bolt in my hand. The Impostor sighed.

"If you insist."

Then, he charged straight for us.

I held my lightning bolt in front of me defensively while Ares drew out one of his swords. The Impostor ran towards us and I shot my lightning bolt out. He jumped and flew over our heads, landing behind us.

"Get him!" I shouted. The Impostor tried to strike me from behind but I quickly materialized a sword and blocked my back. I turned around and swiped at his waist. He leaped back out of the way and Ares came charging in with his sword. Together, we attacked him with slash after slash of our swords. He kept backing up, trying to stay out of reach. Eventually he backed into a shelf and leaped up into the air, hovering for a moment. I was about to strike him with a lightning bolt when he kicked the shelf and it came crashing towards us. I rolled out of the way and Ares did a less-than-graceful leap.

"That little shit." Ares muttered under breath.

Victor came flying in from the side, tackling the Impostor right before it could get to the portal. The Impostor strained to get out of Victor's grasp but it couldn't. Perhaps it was over now...

But, of course it wasn't.

The Impostor leaned over to Victor's ear and whispered something. Victor froze like and his eyes went deer in headlights wide. After two seconds, he let go of the Impostor and stood back. Victor watched as the Impostor summoned a bag, grabbing it and flew towards the portal.

"What are you doing?" I shouted. "Get him!"

I struck a lightning bolt at the Impostor but the guy made it to the portal just in time. I could the inside of me chest grow hot and strained with a scream of frustration.

"You..." I said, marching over to Victor. He looked at the ground sheepishly. I grabbed his short and pulled him so his face was inches from mine. "YOU BASTARD!"

"It was for a good cause—" Victor began. I threw him into a wall.

"Bullshit!" I yelled. Ares eyes lit up the way they did whenever someone looked like they were going to get a beating. I heard Hecate groan. She sat up from where she collapsed on the ground.

"What happened?" she asked. I turned towards her.

"The Impostor escaped! Why did you open the portal?!" I asked. Ares was beginning to snicker now and I felt like giving him a good 200 Mega Watts. Hecate got up, her legs shaking a little.

"He said he wanted to get Leto for Artemis." Hecate replied. Does this mean that the Impostor was Victor... No. It was most likely a lie. After all, Athena read the mind of the Victor that is with us. If he was the impostor, she would've known. Since he wasn't, I can only assume that the other Victor that escaped was the fake. I groaned, knowing what I needed to do.

I marched over to the portal.

"Um, dad?" Ares asked, the smile off his face. I walked inside.