Chapter 18

Artemis' POV

"Now that we're all here..." My dad paused to glance at Hades. "...and we are relatively calm, let's continue with our game. Artemis?"

It was an indication for my to begin my turn. I nodding in understanding.

"Alright, but first I would like to allow Hebe to go." I said.

"Hebe?!" Hermes and Ares said in unison.

"Yes, she hasn't gotten to go yet because the first time she wasn't part of the game and the second time she wasn't even present." I explained. Hebe squealed in excitement.

"You mean I get to go?" Hebe asked. I nodded. She squealed some more.

"Oh my goodness, Artemis you are the bestest goddess EVER!" Hebe shouted with enthusiasm. I grinned smugly.

"Yes, I know." I replied. Apollo frowned.

"What about me?" Apollo asked indignantly.

"Oh! Uh... you're pretty cool too. Not as cool as Artemis though!" Hebe said. I smiled with satisfaction. Oh Hebe, if only you had been my twin instead...

"Athena, truth or dare?" Hebe asked, practically jumping out of her seat. Athena quirked an eyebrow.

"Truth I suppose." Athena replied nonchalantly.

"Boring," muttered Ares. Athena's eyes flashed in anger.

"You're one to talk. Last time I checked, rainbow ponies were what you considered cool." Athena retorted. Ares scowled.

"She's not a rainbow pony, she's a rainbow Pegasus. Get it right!" Ares snapped back at her. Athena simply leaned back in her chair and gave him a smug look.

"My point has been made."

Zeus sighed. "Well, now that it's been made, can we just get on with the game?"

"Sure." Athena shrugged. There was no need to continue the argument, Athena knew she had won.

"Okay, so is it true that you have a crush on Batman?" Hebe asked. As Athena's cheeks flushed and various gods began to giggle, Hebe hastily continued. "Because Ares says that you think he is the best fictional guy ever and that sometimes you are secretly reading a Batman comic book behind your educational books—"

"Okay, that's enough." Athena interrupted, her face beat red. By now, several gods had busted out laughing.

"Athena," Zeus said with a light smirk on his face. "I didn't know this about you."

Hermes leaned forward in his seat and placed his elbows on the table and propped his head on his hands.

"Tell us Athena, what's so sexy about him?" Hermes asked with a mischievous smile on his face.

"W-well, he's... highly intelligent, a wonderful tactician and a great fighter—"

Aphrodite snorted. "Should've known that's the only thing you care about. How about him being rich and handsome?"

"Those are bonuses." Athena replied. Apollo rolled his eyes.

"Man, Athena. You're so lame!" Apollo said. I shook my head and sighed.

"Honestly Athena, I expected more from you. A crush on a male comic book character, seriously?" I said. Athena gave me a dangerous glare.

"How about we all continue the game?" Athena asked in a steely cold voice. By the sound of her tone, we could all tell she wasn't going to put up with this for too much longer.