Chapter 16

Hermes' POV

Apollo finished whispering the dare to me and I nodded, feeling kind of nervous but excited too.

"Alright," Zeus said, clapping his hands together and standing up. "We're about half-way through this rotation so how about we take a break?"

Several gods nodded, seeming eager to get out of there. Huh, you would think they hate truth or dare or something.

"Hermes," Apollo whispered to me as I was heading out. "Now would be the perfect time to complete the dares."

It would, wouldn't it? I gave him a thumbs up and materialized back into my house. So, here's the deal: Apollo gave me three gods I need to prank, each in the specific way he gave me.

Sounds easy enough.

"If I don't immortally embarrass myself first." I thought. Although I love pranks(I practically invented them), these pranks seemed more embarrassing for me than the actual gods I was pranking.

"What's this about being embarrassed?" Martha asked me, peeking her head out of my pocket. Another snake head joined her.

"Yeah, this wouldn't have to do with the dare Apollo gave you?" George asked me. Instead of responding, I walked over to one of my drawers and pulled out some markers. George continued to pry. "Speaking of the dare, we didn't get to hear it. You mind telling us—"

"George!" Martha scolded.

"What?" George asked.

"It's not nice to pry. I'm sure Hermes would tell us if he wanted too." Martha said.

"But we have the right to know, don't we? After all, we are his snakes—"

"Please be quiet." I grumbled out loud. I then began to get ready for the first prank.

"Erm, Hermes, what are you doing?" George asked me.

"George!" Martha scolded again.

"It's alright," I told her. Then I replied to George. "I'm getting ready for the prank."

"Prank? I thought you were suppose to be doing a dare!" George said with accusation.

Oh brother.

"The dare was to pull off a prank." I replied. "Three actually."

"What kind of dare is that?" George asked. "You'll be pulling off pranks anyways."

I shoved the caduceus deeper into my pocket, not wanting to listen to them. Alright, the first one I'm going to prank is Artemis.

I sighed.

This won't be pretty.

Artemis's POV

I materialized back into my tent where my hunters had set up camp.

Finally, I get a break from all that insanity.

"Lady Artemis?" I heard a voice call out from outside the tent. I smiled.

"You may enter lieutenant." I said. Thalia came in and bowed formally.

"You have returned my lady?" She asked. I nodded in reply.

"Yes, but just for lunch I am afraid." I said, apologetically.

"I understand, my lady." Thalia replied. Then she got an impish smile. "So, how insufferable were the boys?"

"They were pretty bad." I said, absent mindedly twiddling with my bow. "Ares has become a brony."

Thalia's nose wrinkled in disgust.