Chapter 22

Ares' POV

I felt rather giddy about going on an errand with my dad. Usually it was Athena, maybe Apollo or Hermes, or Athena... Not that I care or anything! It's just that that is what I've noticed. So, it was rather cool that old Zeus finally saw my full potential and decided to allow me to work with him. Zeus and I stood outside of the building where Truth or Dare was being continued inside. I looked at my dad, waiting for him to say something. Instead, he had this "I'm thinking pretty hard about 'some shit" look. This won't do.

"So... daddy-o, got any plans?" I asked. Dad brought his hand up to his face and pressed it into his chin.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." Dad said. Another awkward silence. Dad began to run his hand through his beard.

"How about we just go where he was last seen?" I said. That's what they always do in CSI.

"Are you suggesting we go to Camp Half-Blood?" Dad said with a harsh tone. Sheesh! One suggestion just sets him off.

"What's so bad about that?" I asked. Dad scowled.

"We should avoid making any appearances at Camp Half-Blood if it can be helped. What do you think the half-bloods will assume if they see me, the king of the gods, there?" Dad asked in the "are you stupid?" tone. Well, excuse-the-fuck-out-of-me!

"Then how about the marathon?" I asked. My dad's brows narrowed.

"The what?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, you didn't know. Victor was at the My Little Pony marathon." I said. My old man's eyes widen in surprise.

"He was?"

"Why do you sound surprised?"

"Eh? Oh. I suppose you're right."

"So, is that our course of action?" I asked him. Zeus nodded. I grinned. "Alright then old man! Let's go!"

"Excuse me? Old man?!"

"Temper, temper..."

*PERCYSUXASS*

It didn't take as too long to travel back to Hebe's house for our investigation(Btw, like my page breaker?). I knocked on the door and waited. Hebe opened the door and a smile came on her face when she saw me(ugh, I have to remind her that just because I like ponies does not mean I like her). When she saw dad though, she visibly cringed.

"Is he angry too?" Hebe said in a high voice that squeaked.

"You mean like Hades?" I asked. She nodded.

I waved my hand. "Nope, he's fine."

Hebe smiled again and opened the door all the way up.

"Whew! That is a relief." She ushered us inside while dad had this confused look as he probably tried to figure out what his brother had been up too.

"So, what are you here for?" Hebe asked with cheer.

"We're here on an investigation. Stay out of our way." I said in that push-ass way. Hebe frowned at me, clearly upset about the way I spoke to her. That's good! Didn't want her to be happy.

"You didn't have to tell her we were on an investigation," Dad mumbled.

"Quit your grumbling!" I said. "So Hebe, do you know where Victor is?"

"Victor?" Hebe repeated with a clueless look. Oh boy. She better not make this hard.

"Yes. Victor." Father said in a business like manner.

Hebe smiled.

"Victor went to Athena's house of course!"

Athena's POV

It made no logical sense.

Why would Victor betray me? I practically raised him; his mother, Nike, was never around. Nike claimed that she was a "free spirit" who couldn't be troubled to stay in one place long enough to raise her own child so she gave her child to me. Being a god, Victor became biologically an "adult" by the end of the 24-hour period after his birth. Of course, mentally, his mind was comparable to that of a mortal 5-year-old's. Thus is the nature of the gods.

I raised him to the best of my abilities. I enforced stringent rules for him to follow and had him complete rigorous training. We also worked on various mental exercises together to make sure he wasn't neglectful of his mind. Therefore, not only did I make sure he was reaching his optimum in his godly abilities(muscular strength, speed and durability), I also made sure he was a capable strategist, because all of his skills would go to naught if he couldn't use his powers to the best of his capabilities.

In this sense, I suppose it was partially my fault Dionysus was kidnapped. I taught Victor that it was his mind that was the real weapon. His godly abilities were there, not to be relied on, but to help enforce his plans. I made sure he would not be another blundering idiot, like Ares, who uses his powers as a crutch for his own inability.

"What am I going to do?" I mumbled to myself, running my hands through my hair.

"Do about what?"

I felt a burning in my chest that made me want to scream. My eyes widened and I jumped over to my bed where I had my weapons hidden.

"Athena, what's wrong?" Victor asked me, noticing my murderous expression. I pulled the swords out of there hiding spots, wielding one in both hands.

"RAGH!" I screamed at him in a way that the other gods have described as spine chilling. It was the same war cry I yelled when I was born.

"Shit." Victor said, his own eyes widening. He summoned a sword in one hand and held it in front of himself. I charged at him and began to attack him with a barrage of wild swings from the sword. They were quick and powerful blows that Victor had trouble parrying.

"Athena, what is wrong with you?!" Victor asked me. In fury, I knocked his sword to the side and ran him through the chest with my other sword. He stumbled back, looking a bit surprised.

"Ouch." Victor said, albeit casually. Then he grinned. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you wanted to hurt me."

He pulled out the sword as if it were merely a splinter and tossed it carelessly to the side. I glared at him while he just smiled.

"You want to try using your words now?" Victor asked.

I tossed the sword at his head.

"When I'm through with you, I am going to toss your remains into Tartarus!" I shouted. He laughed uneasily.

"Oh, is that so?" Victor asked. "What did I do to warrant this kind of reaction?"

"You betrayed me! How dare you!" I screamed. I took my owl headpin out of my hair and it changed into a spear. I charged at him, intending to run it through his heart. Victor side-stepped, as I suspected he would, and my leg flung out to kick him in the gut. Unfortunately, he was to fast and jumped just out of the way of my kick. Then he lunged forward and pinned me to the ground.

"Athena! Get a grip!" Victor shouted at me. I squirmed underneath his grasp, shouting Greek curses at him. Was Victor really going to betray me now? Was he going to kidnap me? Turn me over to whoever he is working for? Why is he doing this to me? it makes no sense!?

"Athena." Victor said again, his voice and eyes softened. It could almost be mistaken for a pitying look. How dare he continue to try and manipulate me!? How dumb does he think I am?

ZAP!

Victor's body flung across the room, tossed by the lightning bolt that had hit it.

"Not. Another. Move." My dad said to Victor.