Chapter 5

Ares's POV

Hestia pointed to herself as if to say, "Me? Are you sure?"

We all nodded and she began to pout. I must admit, she does a pretty good job at it even though she's not in her regular eight year-old form. Just then, a knock came to the door.

"Now what?" I groaned. Mom gave me a nasty look like, "Stop complaining before I slap you!" kinda look. Then called out, "Who is it?"

"Your mom!" a voice replied back. Poseidon's reaction was no better than Apollo's when his mom came.

"Mommy!" he yelled, jumping up from his seat to open the door. Honestly, all these "men" act like a bunch of ladies, ya know what I'm sayin'? He opened the door to two women.

One of them looked about twenty but seemed to glow with youth. Her chocolate-brown eyes shone with the same curiosity and fascination of the world like those of a five year-old(and trust me, I don't use that to describe a lot of people). Her dark brown hair tumbled barely past her shoulders and her skin was like light mocha. That would be Hebe, my younger sister. This means that I have two siblings to torment now(not including the half-siblings). I looked in her direction and she frowned, me being one of the few people she actually disliked.

Ah, sibling rivalry.

The other woman, the one who had spoken, looked a lot like mom(and if you stupid mortals hadn't figured it out, my mom is Hera). You know, except older(way older) and sterner. Oh, she also has the golden eyes of a titan. That's a bit of a difference.

"Hello, Poseidon!" Rhea smiled, hugging Poseidon. Thankfully old barnacle beard has retained enough dignity to not squeal like a girl because his mommy came to visit. He patted her on the back.

"Hey mom! How're things shakin'?" he asked. I burst out laughing. Everyone just stared at me.

"Hahahaha! Shaking! He's the earthquake god... and he's asking how things are..." I tried to say. They just kept staring at me like I'm crazy.

"Never mind." I mumbled. Rhea went over to Hades next and he(unwillingly) was pulled into a bear hug.

"Hades, I've missed you! Why don't you visit? Is the Underworld really more important than your poor, old mother? Your poor, lonely—" she began. Oh, Tartarus! She's like Demeter now!

"I get that lecture enough from Demeter, thank-you!" Hades said, pushing her of him.

"Demeter gives you 'I'm you poor mom' lectures?" I asked. He sent a seething look in my direction.

"NO! She obviously tells Persephone that you half-wit!" he snapped.

"I wouldn't give him so much credit." Athena mumbled. I sighed. Why does she always have to be so negative?

"Well, why are you complaining?" I ask the lord of the dead. "It's not like she's saying it to you-"

"I have to listen to it too!" he shouted. This might have continued but Rhea walked over to Demeter.

"Hey sweetie! Things going good?" Rhea asked, hugging Demeter. Demeter shrugged.

"Some things—" then she sent a glare at Hades. "—other things, not so much."

"Mother!" Persephone whined. Hebe had walked over to the other side of the table. Mom and her kissed each other on both cheeks and hugged each other.

"Where are you these days?" Mom asked. Meh, she was always mom's favorite. Her and Eileithyia. But it's no loss for me. She's not exactly my favorite parent.

"I've been out and about." Little sis replied, shrugging her shoulders. She made a chair appear and she sat next mom. Lady Rhea(I'll just go ahead and call her grandma) then went over to dad.