Chapter 8

Hera's POV

Honestly, they wonder why I'm so cranky when they treat me like that.

I materialized back into my house and walked into my bathroom. Quickly slipping out of my robe, I turned on the shower and stepped inside. A nice shower should relax me. Besides, I was planning on taking one tonight anyways. As the events of tonight's game played over in my head, I felt a headache coming on. Rubbing my temples, I sighed in frustration.

Why did my family have to be so difficult? Is getting along for one game so hard?

I shook my head. Why do I even bother asking those questions? The answer is pretty obvious. Of course they can't get along; they never do. They start fights over the littlest things. And they don't just start fights. Oh no. They go on and on about it. They are masters at perseverating. They just won't let things drop. If mortals think I'm bad then they should put up with my family for a few millennium. Let's see how long they last.

Giving another sigh of frustration, I pressed my fingers deeper into my temples.

Yep, I defiantly have a headache coming on. This isn't the first one I've had and it certainly won't be the last. My family makes sure of that.

I reached over and picked up my shampoo bottle. Over the years, I've found that the sensation of rubbing shampoo through my hair can be very relaxing, especially when I'm stressed. I flipped the lid open and squeezed some shampoo into my hand.

Immediately, I realized something was up. I've been using the same shampoo for the past few centuries now(it's from the Aphrodite Product line) so I'm pretty familiar with it. As soon as the shampoo fell into my hand, I realized it was different to the touch. Also, when I sniffed it, it smelled totally different almost like... hair removal.

Suddenly, I understood what Apollo and Hermes' exchanged looks at the end of today's game meant.

Fuming, I rinsed my hands off and stormed out of the shower. Then I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around me and went out into my bedroom.

"Zeus!" I shouted. As I expected, he was lounging on the couch and watching TV. How typical.

Not even looking up, he asked, "What is it dear?"

"Do you know what your boys did?" I demanded.

"Which ones?" His eyes remained glued to the screen.

"You know, Tweedledum and Tweedledumber." I told him.

"Don't know which ones your talking about," he mumbles as he continues to flip through the channels. Giving a growl of frustration, I snatched the remote from his hand and turned off the television. He frowned.

"I was watching that." Zeus said.

I rolled my eyes. "No, you weren't. You were just flipping through channels."

Zeus grumbled a bit under breath. After a while, he seemed to realize that I wasn't going to give him back his remote until he listened to me. He finally looked up.

"What is it, dear?" He asked, clearly displeased with having his TV remote taken away from him.

"Guess who put hair removal in my shampoo?" I asked. He stared at me for awhile until a look of realization hit him.

"Oh no." Zeus mumbled, practically face-palming. "Apollo and Hermes?"

"Good job! Give the man a prize." I said sarcastically. Zeus eyed the remote.

"The remote would be a good prize." He said. I hissed.

"Not until you do something about them." I told him, holding the remote farther away. He sighed and gave me a look.

"What do you want me to do?" Zeus asked. "Why don't you just get them back tomorrow during the game?"

"I can't go until the next rotation." I said.

"Not my problem." He said. I glared at him which caused him to flinch.

"If it's really that much of a problem, go tell Artemis what Apollo did." Zeus suggested. "She'll straighten him out."

I snorted. "It'll take more than that to make the boy straight."

"Excuse me?"

"Whatever." I said, waving my hand dismissively. "What about Hermes?"

He shrugged. "Let Athena take care of him."

I groaned. Can't he fix problems himself?

Wait, that's a stupid question too.

"So, your telling me I can't do anything?" I asked, my patience growing thin. Zeus sighed.

"That's not what I'm saying," he said. "You're twisting my words. You asked what should be done and I told you. I'm not saying you're not allowed to get back at them, I'm simply saying that I don't have a good plan to get them back. If you have a better idea then, by all means, go with that plan."

I remained quiet for a while, deep in thought.

"So," I finally said. "If I did have a plan, would you help me?"

Zeus paused. "That depends. What are you thinking?"

I grinned maliciously. Oh, those boys are going to get it now.