Chapter 15

Hera's POV

I was surprised when Athena picked her person.

"Rhea, truth or dare?" Athena asked my mom, looking like she already had a game plan. Clearly, she has her mind-set on daring or asking my mother something in particular.

"Truth." Rhea said. I saw the tips of Athena's lips curl into a smile.

"What do you have against Hestia?" Athena asked, making everyone stiffen in their seats with shock, especially Hestia who looked like a deer in headlights. Rhea's eyes widened.

"Excuse me?" Rhea asked.

"You heard me." Athena replied, crossing her legs casually although she kept a cold, calculating gaze on the titanese. "I asked you, 'What do you have against Hestia'. Answer honestly now, you wouldn't want to be caught lying."

She said the last part with an underlying threat.

"Well... it's complicated." Rhea began. All attention was on her now.

"Continue." Athena said, her gaze never leaving Rhea.

"We don't exactly see eye to eye on things." Rhea explained shifting uncomfortably, obviously not liking the attention she was getting.

"What kind of things?" I asked, curious.

"For one thing, she's a daddy's girl!" Rhea spat out, with unexpected venom. My jaw dropped. Hestia is a... daddy's girl?! To that monster? Noticing the looks of accusation we were giving her, Hestia quickly decided to try to defend herself.

"Just because I don't hate father, doesn't mean I'm a daddy's girl." Hestia said. "You know I'm not the type of goddess to hate my family. No matter how much I want to, I just... can't hate my father."

Hestia hung her head down, looking ashamed.

Well, this is an interesting development. Rhea rolled her eyes.

"Please, you don't only not hate him, but you try to defend the things he has done." Rhea said. Hestia's lips pressed into a thin line, a sign that her patience was being tested.

"I defend everyone in this family." Hestia said quietly. Then she gave mom a pointed look. "Even if I don't believe they deserve it."

My mom's eyes narrowed and she looked at Hestia with a scowl that I was all too familiar with: I've worn that look myself when I was in a particularly bad mood.

Before this fight could be taken any further, Hermes coughed awkwardly.

"Perhaps we should be moving on now." Hermes suggested. Everyone else nodded in agreement except for Hestia and Rhea who sat quietly in their seats, not moving.

"So, who's turn is it?" Apollo asked.

"Hestia's." Athena replied, seeming unconcerned about the trouble she had just caused for the goddess of the hearth. Hestia only nodded in response and looked around the room.

"Zeus, truth or dare?" Hestia asked after her eyes rested on my brother. He quirked an eyebrow, surprised that she had picked him.

"Truth, I guess." Zeus said.

"Do you love your brothers?" Hestia asked.

"What kind of love are we talking about?" Zeus asked. Several people in the room rolled their eyes.

"Just the brotherly kind." Hestia said.

"Oh, well um..." Zeus shifted uncomfortably in his seat, glancing at his only brother in the room. Poseidon was watching Zeus intently, although I couldn't tell what answer he was hoping for. Zeus ran a hand through his storm grey hair.